2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

If there is a chance for Felton to succeed, it's with the Shan style offense. I'm not sure if there is or how many RBs are more dangerous than him after the catch. I don't see him as a starter yet, but he can become who coaches thought they were going to get out of Ty Montgomery when he moved to RB. Ty really didn't move to RB until he got to the NFL, DF did it in college. That maybe an advantage for him. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Good insight minus Jetskiid ;) I do think the OL we have we don't hate. Or else we would've done more there in FA and via trades perhaps. I still think we draft a guy high though to start at 1 of the OGs spots. 

I'd be shocked if we don't come away with a starting guard in the draft -- the new scheme should help a lot, but Douglas isn't trotting out the same group he did last season. Would expect GVR/Clark to battle it out at LG and a rookie to slide in at RG. 

Clark 'redshirting' last season garners way more attention than it should on here. 'Building through the draft', doesn't necessarily equate to instant gratification, by way of immediate production. The idea is to draft in hope of facilitating that next man up mentality when the time is right. Circumstances dictated a bigger role for Hall/Davis last season, but that wasn't exactly by design given the state of our roster when the picks were made.

... I think we'd all appreciate Jetskiids insight this time of year, lol.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

You're right, he only ranked 2nd in the nation in broken tackles...what was I thinking.

I would believe you if you said forced missed tackles but not broken tackles.   Williams led NCAA with .48 and second belonged to Stevenson or something with .3X last year.