2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

11 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Jaguars remain a threat for Jets.

After seeing the Jets lose this game, I do not see us winning any. Jags play better than us even though the record does not reflect that.

The only threat we face are our players who want to win. Hell even Greg is in on the tank with that crap defensive call on the Riggs TD. 

Jags still have the Bears at home coming up. Chicago is awful and they always find a way to lose. Ideal situation would be for the Jags to beat the Bears and then we can root for the Jets to beat the Pats in week 17. We avoid 0-16 and still get the first pick. As Jet fans do we dare to hope for a dream scenario going our way?

Edited by JohnnyHectorFan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TheChad said:

I'd trust Darnold, with our coaching staff, to win a game more than I would Glennon over there.

We're going to need to go 0-16, as much as I'd rather not.

I agree with the first part but Chicago is the weakest opponent either team will face down the stretch. The Jags obviously came very close today to beating a team that is marginally better than the Bears. 

Edited by NewAge

We are not winning any of the next two games. The only game that worries me is the Browns game but Baker showed he can still ball. So I’m less concerned about that game. By week 17, I suspect the Jags would have already won a game. So that last game with the Pats may not mean much.

2 hours ago, SDotNova said:

We are not winning any of the next two games. The only game that worries me is the Browns game but Baker showed he can still ball. So I’m less concerned about that game. By week 17, I suspect the Jags would have already won a game. So that last game with the Pats may not mean much.

I see no way we win the next 3 games. It’s the last week against NE that’s worrisome. I think if NE isn’t still in the playoff hunt then. They might lay down and we sneak out a win to not go 0-16. 

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I see no way we win the next 3 games. It’s the last week against NE that’s worrisome. I think if NE isn’t still in the playoff hunt then. They might lay down and we sneak out a win to not go 0-16. 

I don't know if i can handle four more games like yesterday. I am glad we lost but what was Greg thinking on that last pass play of the game. A high school coach would have done a better job. And that stupid kickoff after the TD was crazy why not just kick it thru the end zone. Gase let them have a hail Mary pass. I know the Johnson were going to keep Gase, for the whole season, but it just shows you how weak they are.as owners.

The Jags have been close in the last few games now but have blown it every time. Just horrible watching hoping we play well but still lose. Yesterday as actually quite perfect in that regard.
We found two running backs who look promising and Mims looked good too. Becton struggled a few times but looked great in the run game. As did Elfien. I mean it was about as good as it could get really...even Darnold numbers weren’t bad and hopefully adds a little to his trade value. 

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

I don't know if i can handle four more games like yesterday. I am glad we lost but what was Greg thinking on that last pass play of the game. A high school coach would have done a better job. And that stupid kickoff after the TD was crazy why not just kick it thru the end zone. Gase let them have a hail Mary pass. I know the Johnson were going to keep Gase, for the whole season, but it just shows you how weak they are.as owners.

SEA, LAR and CLE offenses are WAY too good for us to hang with them.

The hope is that JAX can win 1 the next few weeks to where we can go into Week 17 with them at 2 wins and us still at 0. Where what we do against NE in Week 17 doesn't matter. 

week 17 the jags play the colts, who might rest starters to prep for the playoffs.

i'm all for the jags getting a game or 2, that way i can finally root for my team to win.

i just don't see how it's possible the jets win a game.  the browns just beat up on the titans, not like i thought they would beat the browns before that.  the pats just put up 45 on the colts!

Edited by Heymangold

4 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

week 17 the jags play the colts, who might rest starters to prep for the playoffs.

i'm all for the jags getting a game or 2, that way i can finally root for my team to win.

i just don't see how it's possible the jets win a game.  the browns just beat up on the titans, not like i thought they would beat the browns before that.  the pats just put up 45 on the colts!

Titans are 1-3 against AFC North teams. Beating Ravens in OT.