Bengals cutting Andy Dalton

Drained

4 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:
5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

He will be a Patriot before the end of next week 

This is my guess. 

I think he's going to try to pull a Tannehill - find a team with a young QB who might be on his "last chance" before they're phased out, see if he can dazzle in the Preseason and then get going midway through the season and earn an extension as the starter.

I don't know who fits this mold though. San Francisco? I like Garropolo, so this doesn't really feel like an option (but Dalton would be good in a Kyle Shanahan offense). Atlanta, maybe? Detroit?

There's gotta be someone else.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Ken Anderson and Carson Palmer would have to be in the discussion, no?

Forgot about Anderson, for some reason I thought Esiason was the only one who took them to a Super Bowl. 

I guess I'd let a Bengals fan chime in here but my guess is that Dalton > Palmer if we're only talking about their careers in Cincinnati. Palmer was definitely on his way to being the best of the bunch till Kimo Von Olhoffen though... 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp

EDIT: Apparently Dalton asked for his release. This seems like a less terrible move by the Bengals. Still could have handled him a LOT better.

Hopefully he has a Carson Palmer-like second half to his career.

Edited by Fidgit

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think he's going to try to pull a Tannehill - find a team with a young QB who might be on his "last chance" before they're phased out, see if he can dazzle in the Preseason and then get going midway through the season and earn an extension as the starter.

I don't know who fits this mold though. San Francisco? I like Garropolo, so this doesn't really feel like an option (but Dalton would be good in a Kyle Shanahan offense). Atlanta, maybe? Detroit?

There's gotta be someone else.

If he is willing to sign for Vet min, maybe Pittsburghs backup role

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Didn't think about Anderson, you're probably right.

I guess I'd let a Bengals fan chime in here but my guess is that Dalton > Palmer if we're only talking about their careers in Cincinnati. Palmer was definitely on his way to being the best of the bunch till Kimo Von Olhoffen though... 

It’s close. Palmer’s peaks were higher, but Dalton was more consistent/prolonged.

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

If he is willing to sign for Vet min, maybe Pittsburghs backup role

That's a twofer right there - you bring in a guy who can play very well at times in the event Ben gets hurt, and you can get a good brain dump for the Cincinnati offense with Zac Taylor.

Worth a bit more than vet min, I'd say.

11 minutes ago, ET80 said:

That's a twofer right there - you bring in a guy who can play very well at times in the event Ben gets hurt, and you can get a good brain dump for the Cincinnati offense with Zac Taylor.

Worth a bit more than vet min, I'd say.

It is but idk if we can afford more lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

But khakis really don’t go with these jerseys. 

How have they not make a commercial where Jake is talking to his client Jim Harbaugh about a claim.   Jim mentions he's supposed to take his wife to dinner.   Jake asks what he's wearing.   You got it Khakis. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fidgit said:

The Bengals did him dirty. Benched him on his birthday, didn't give him a chance to seek a trade last season, released him after the beginning frenzy of free agency is over. They even had the number 1 pick, so it wasn't like there was a chance of somebody drafting their QB before him.

Trash move by a trash org.

We handled Andy fine, as best as we could given the circumstances. I’ll admit the benching was bad timing, but other than that we’ve been on his side the entire time trying to find him a team that he prefers. 

Welcome to the board, btw. You sound like a real ray of sunshine.