Bengals cutting Andy Dalton

Drained

3 minutes ago, August4th said:

watch some team no one expects at the moment win the Trevor sweepstakes

Bill O'Brien will end up trading Deshaun for a 2nd round pick...

...this has nothing to do with the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes, it's just something Bill O'Brien is going to do.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Probably what will happen.

Most of the terrible teams also have young QBs. Only one currently that I see in sweepstakes that could jump on Lawrence while having one is Washington. Maybe NYG but I also don't see them being 1st overall pick material.

sounds like it could make for a good thread

what would your team do if it lands the 2020 number 1 pick? trade out, pick Trevor or trade your current franchise QB and take Trevor?I know mine(steelers) would take Trevor

32 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

We aren't getting 1st overall regardless.

Minshew, with a defense full of guys picked up off the street, TE's like Seth DeValve starting, and an OL that forced Foles to be benched won 6 of 12 starts.

Schedules changed but we aren't bad enough to pick first overall. Dalton would be a perfect guy to show Minshew the ropes/help Gruden mentor Gardner.

wait, so in this scenario would dalton come in to be minshew's backup? i gotta imagine he can find a better gig than that- patriots, maybe the chargers if they want herbert to sit

25 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Bill O'Brien will end up trading Deshaun for a 2nd round pick...

...this has nothing to do with the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes, it's just something Bill O'Brien is going to do.

The final stage:

Acceptance.

It’s not your fault ET.

15 minutes ago, August4th said:

what would your team do if it lands the 2020 number 1 pick? trade out, pick Trevor or trade your current franchise QB and take Trevor?I know mine(steelers) would take Trevor

We did.  And took Burrow.

Now to your point, I would love to have the #1 pick in 2021.  Then trade it for a boatload of picks, depending on how far we traded back.  If Jax was #2, I'd try for both first rounders and whatever 2nds they had.  Then slide back again to a team looking for Fields.  Then take Sewell and Chase with the acquired first rounders, while loading up on the rest of team needs in the second.  If we actually had the #1 pick, we could go back to the usual Bengal way in free agency, but make a killing in the draft.

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

The final stage:

Acceptance.

It’s not your fault ET.

Oh, I reached there several weeks ago. I'm just reveling in everyone else's ineptness...

...like the Browns. BoB is a coach for a year or two, let's be real. Jimmy Haslem is an owner for LIFE. At this point in the journey, your best bet is that Haslem becomes patient zero for Covid-22 or something...

(My agent/lawyer @ramssuperbowl99 is who Ied me to this path).

16 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

This might not make sense without context but right above this post was an ad for an Indian dating site with a picture of a woman.

You know all these ads are targeted based on search history....

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:
22 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

This might not make sense without context but right above this post was an ad for an Indian dating site with a picture of a woman.

You know all these ads are targeted based on search history....

Indian women are the 2nd most beautiful women in the world (Latinas win this discussion).

My man Stallyns has good taste. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

wait, so in this scenario would dalton come in to be minshew's backup? i gotta imagine he can find a better gig than that- patriots, maybe the chargers if they want herbert to sit

He's super tight with Gruden.

I imagine they'd battle it out in camp. I guess it's not inconceivable that Dalton could win the job.

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I imagine they'd battle it out in camp. I guess it's not inconceivable that Dalton could win the job.

W/ a "weird" off-season also, and Minshew already had been there for a year, I would think he'd win the job but the leash would be incredibly short.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Oh, I reached there several weeks ago. I'm just reveling in everyone else's ineptness...

...like the Browns. BoB is a coach for a year or two, let's be real. Jimmy Haslem is an owner for LIFE. At this point in the journey, your best bet is that Haslem becomes patient zero for Covid-22 or something...

(My agent/lawyer @ramssuperbowl99 is who Ied me to this path).

The most liked post in the history of this website is you jumping ship. Don't blame this on me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

oooh, i forgot about gruden being with the jags now. that makes sense.

• Like 1