2021 Draft Talk

swede700

13 hours ago, swede700 said:

But is he more Steve Young/Jim McMahon or more Ty Detmer?  If he's Ty Detmer, I want nothing to do with him.  😅

I don’t even want to say who he reminds me of.

There was this guy from like Texas Tech or something like that who threw a TD while scrambling side armed for a 40+ yards. Kinda gives me that vibe if you know what I mean. 

29 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

OK let's say we finish the year at pick #6 and Lawrence, Fields and Lance are gone.

Do we take BPA at #6 and try trading up for Track/Wilson or stay put with our 3rd round pick?

I'm assuming Sewell is gone, if not, he's the pick. If he is gone we trade back, if possible, and target Wyatt Davis. We could then use the picks gained from trading down to move up for Wilson/Trask as you suggest.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

OK let's say we finish the year at pick #6 and Lawrence, Fields and Lance are gone.

Do we take BPA at #6 and try trading up for Track/Wilson or stay put with our 3rd round pick?

It is a tough call, I doubt Lance would be gone though honestly.  Lawrence to the Jets, Fields to Washington, Sewell to the Giants and Parsons to the Jaguars.  Maybe Lance to the Jaguars but Minshew is not that bad, and same with Atlanta sure they could but not totally sold on them giving up on Ryan.

Say he is gone, one has Waddle, Chase, Surtain, Pitts, Leatherwood etc.  Would be a tough call, would love Rousseau but he could be gone to Atlanta.  If Washington takes Sewell and they should because their OL is so bad, Fields could fall a little bit then Lance would as well.  

If one could trade down and somehow get Jaylen Twyman, Marvin Wilson or Josh Myers I would like that no doubt about it, especially Wilson or Myers.  They need to decide if they are going to be a defensive team or a score a bunch of points offensive team.  Because that is what it is all about, Waddle would make a ton of sense on offense but clearly the D has major issues and it should be a defensive team as long as Zimmer is around.   Sadly they might have to move on from Harris, great safety but clearly he cannot do much without corner help.  And this draft is deep at safety with studs in Holland, LeCounte and Cisco along with others.  

• Like 1

On 10/19/2020 at 7:38 AM, swede700 said:

But is he more Steve Young/Jim McMahon or more Ty Detmer?  If he's Ty Detmer, I want nothing to do with him.  😅

Definitely more Young/McMahon. He's got some nice mobility and his arm looks a lot better this year. His sophomore year he was coming off an offseason shoulder surgery and seemed to be pressing too much. 

If you've watched any of the games this year ESPN says it every broadcast but he would drive 10+ hours every Friday down to work with John Beck (not a great NFL career but does a lot of work with current NFL QB's) and then would drive at the end of the weekend.

19 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

You assess your board and probably try and trade back. 

While Cousins isn’t the QB we want for the future, him being on the roster automatically gives you an option. This isn’t like 2011 where they had zero quarterbacks on the roster and backed themselves into a corner.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, byuvike88 said:

Definitely more Young/McMahon. He's got some nice mobility and his arm looks a lot better this year. His sophomore year he was coming off an offseason shoulder surgery and seemed to be pressing too much. 

If you've watched any of the games this year ESPN says it every broadcast but he would drive 10+ hours every Friday down to work with John Beck (not a great NFL career but does a lot of work with current NFL QB's) and then would drive at the end of the weekend.

I remember Beck, seemed like he was already 30 when he was a NFL rookie.  🤣

I looked at his Wiki page...and ironically, Washington cut him when they drafted Cousins and Griffin. 

Vikings 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th.

3rd from the Ravens (Yannick trade)
4th from the Bills (Diggs trade)
4th from the Bears (draft day trade)
5th from the Ravens (draft day trade)
5th from the Steelers (draft day trade)

Up to 11 picks now NOT including potential compensatory picks.

14 hours ago, swede700 said:

I remember Beck, seemed like he was already 30 when he was a NFL rookie.  🤣

I looked at his Wiki page...and ironically, Washington cut him when they drafted Cousins and Griffin. 

Haha just 26... 

I will stand by the belief that if he hadn't been drafted to a dreadful Dolphins team that he would've have had a solid career.

14 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Vikings 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th.

3rd from the Ravens (Yannick trade)
4th from the Bills (Diggs trade)
4th from the Bears (draft day trade)
5th from the Ravens (draft day trade)
5th from the Steelers (draft day trade)

Up to 11 picks now NOT including potential compensatory picks.

Wonder how tempting 2 3rds, 2 4ths, and 2 5ths looks like to try to move up for a QB. 

Also I believe I read that we freed up cap space by trading Yan? If so how much cap do we have now? Could we extend Ant Harris and trade him for more draft capital? 

Edited by mattyice0401

7 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Wonder how tempting 2 3rds, 2 4ths, and 2 5ths looks like to try to move up for a QB.

Also I believe I read that we freed up cap space by trading Yan? If so how much cap do we have now? Could we extend Ant Harris and trade him for more draft capital? 

Since Harris is on the franchise tag he can't be extended until after the season. At least that's my understanding.

• Like 1