2020 Schedule

Matts4313

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

does any one know how McCarthy did v Vikes?

@Malfatron @Uncle Buck

Mike McCarthy vs Minnesota Vikings

Mike McCarthy’s record versus the Minnesota Vikings: 15-5-1

Largest Margin of Victory: 45-7 (11/14/2011)

Largest Margin of Defeat: 38-26 (11/01/2009)

Point Differential: 586-398

Mike McCarthy vs Vikings at home: 8-2-1

Mike McCarthy vs Vikings on the road: 7-3

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

does any one know how McCarthy did v Vikes?

@Malfatron @Uncle Buck

He is very familiar with Mike Zimmer's defensive scheme.  We went through some coaching struggles during his tenure, so I would guess he probably won more than he lost, but there were games where we had our way with him too.  He had the good fortune of facing the Vikings when the Childress era came to an end, and then when we were being coached by the inept Leslie Frazier.  Throw in Christian Ponder and about 4-5 years during the Zimmer era when we had a new QB every season. 

To sum it up, he was fortunate to have coached against us during a tough decade for the Vikings, but he also did a good job and took advantage of any edge he had.  I'd say that if you are playing the Vikings, it would definitely be an advantage having MM coaching your team rather than The Clapper.

By the way, I think the Cowboys are going to have a VERY good season in 2020 if we end up playing a fairly normal schedule in spite of all the COVID-19 stuff going on.  Good luck.

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

He is very familiar with Mike Zimmer's defensive scheme.  We went through some coaching struggles during his tenure, so I would guess he probably won more than he lost, but there were games where we had our way with him too.  I'd say that if you are playing anybody, it would definitely be an advantage having MM coaching your team rather than The Clapper.

fify

• Like 2

Happy we start off with the Rams vs the Giants.  Very interesting this year how our first NFCE game is not until week 5...when was the last time that happened?  Normally I feel like we would have already had 2-3 games by that point. 

3 Sunday Night Games, always hate that, love Sunday Night Football, but don't love the Cowboys playing then.  Pending all this crazy COVID nonsense, may try to grab tickets for the Falcons or Browns games.  

On paper, pretty good schedule, obviously a lot will change once reality sets in, but there is no reason this team should not get off to a fast start in the first half.  

16 hours ago, Ace5 said:

3 games in 12 days is always **** but two of the three on the road is total effing balls

Those are 3 physical teams. The Vikings always have a tough defense and run game. The redskins arguably have the most talented defensive line in the NFL, with Chase Young, Montez Sweat, Daron Payne, and Jonathan Allen. They always play us physical and now they have Ron Rivera. Finally, if those two games weren’t enough we play the Ravens in Baltimore. They have Mark Ingram and just drafted JK Dobbins, and MLB Patrick Queen. Not to mention Lamar. Hope we aren’t to tuckered out. 

Edited by DaBoys

18 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Mike McCarthy vs Minnesota Vikings

Mike McCarthy’s record versus the Minnesota Vikings: 15-5-1

Largest Margin of Victory: 45-7 (11/14/2011)

Largest Margin of Defeat: 38-26 (11/01/2009)

Point Differential: 586-398

Mike McCarthy vs Vikings at home: 8-2-1

Mike McCarthy vs Vikings on the road: 7-3

That looks good until you look at how things changed once Mike Zimmer came to town.  As a head coach, Zimmer had a 5-4-1 record against McCarthy’s Packers.

• Like 1