The Everything Else Thread v. 8.0

titans0021

On 12/18/2019 at 10:38 AM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Maybe my saddest Titan moment: 

Ah, 2003. That was my first season following the Titans. I had watched the super bowl in ‘99 but that was pretty much it until ‘03.

Even with that heartbreaking loss that was a great year. Got me hooked instantly. Went 12-4 and beat Baltimore at their place in round 1. 

Wish I’d have gotten to see us sweep Manning’s Colts in ‘02 though. ‘03 was the start of their dominance against us. 

• 4 weeks later...

great article on how this run has reinvigorated the fan base

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2020/1/17/21070450/tennessee-titans-improbable-playoff-run-nashville-fandom-chiefs-ravens-patriots

I've never read a better description of what it means to be a titans fan than the below. we're accustomed to celebrating mediocrity...but now this run....this run......

“When I think about winning the Super Bowl,” he said, “I can’t help it. I always tear up.”

I looked over and saw that he was telling the truth. Right then and there, his eyes filled with tears. Like all Titans die-hards, he years ago learned to be electrified by the mundane. Now, when faced with something actually thrilling, the thought overwhelmed him.

He’s a Titans fan. That means finding a way to love everything this franchise has long been. And now, it means barely comprehending the reality of what it could soon become.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Back in the US about six months earlier than planned. School is out indefinitely due to the virus so figured now is the time to get outta Beijing. 

Are you quarantined at a military base or just free to go about your business? o.O 

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, KingTitan said:

It's been entertaining. 

Rules have some flair. And the production is very good. 

Talent is not the best but some names I recognize. 

The only 1 rule I find a little excessive is if the ball lands before the 20 and hits the ground on the kickoff it’s a penalty and the ball gets spotted on the 45 of the kicking team

Rules have been easy to follow 

The Extra Point is really interesting as well

Ill continue to watch but like you said no big names but there are a few I do recognize as well

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Screen-Shot-2020-03-01-at-3-11-44-PM.png

awesome gift from my GF for my birthday. The history of the Titans as written through New York Times articles...from the SB to McNair's death to VY to Nedney's re-try against Pitt to the NE/Baltimore wins. an absolutely incredible trip down memory lane

• Like 5

On 3/1/2020 at 3:15 PM, deeluxx3 said:

Screen-Shot-2020-03-01-at-3-11-44-PM.png

awesome gift from my GF for my birthday. The history of the Titans as written through New York Times articles...from the SB to McNair's death to VY to Nedney's re-try against Pitt to the NE/Baltimore wins. an absolutely incredible trip down memory lane

sounds like a keeper iyam

• Like 1

Could see the tornado from my window that was about 5 mins from my home. 

5 mins never felt so far..yet so close. 

Lot without power. Damages.  If you feel inclined, there are many places taking donations online for those out of the city.