2020 Green Bay Packers OL

Shanedorf

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Honestly, not very. 

For every pro athlete that does an ACL on the field, there's 10 rich dudes who do theirs skiing or playing pick up basketball, and 1000 high schoolers who do it playing high school sports. 

Pro athletes,  recovery time is money.  It is their career.

HS athletes, rich dudes, they can still go to work/ school.   There is no money lost for them.

Huge difference in importance 

8 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Pro athletes,  recovery time is money.  It is their career.

HS athletes, rich dudes, they can still go to work/ school.   There is no money lost for them.

Huge difference in importance 

I think it’s pretty well established that “sports medicine” is definitely one of the drivers in cutting edge medical procedures and developing new therapies for recovery for bone and soft tissue damage. It’s not the only one , but plays an outsized role.  The research  on concussions will now be accelerated because the league finally admitted smashing your face into another grown athlete might just be a cause. 

Edited by Refugee

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Do I really have to dig through the threads where I was constantly attacked for having the same opinion?

I'll save you the trouble.  You said Hanson was drafted with the intention of replacing Corey Linsley (something I've never disagreed with).  What we did disagree with was the notion that Elgton Jenkins (who played C at Mississippi State) wasn't an option at C in the future simply because the Packers drafted Jake Hanson last year.  We don't need to rehash the same discussion for the sake of the forum.

Well, next Saturday and the next few weeks if we are able, this unit will be critical to our success.  Even beat up, LA’s D front is a cornerstone of that team. TB and NO are also heavyweights in the trenches. 

I hope this week let guys get healed, rested and energized. No coming out flat in the playoffs and I think this line is as professional as they come and will be ready.  

Everything else up to this point is a different season. Let’s see how far this ride can go!

20 minutes ago, craig said:

I posted this on Packers notes thread, but figured it maybe better belongs here.  :)Packers signing Veldheer, per Schefter.   

I was hoping for this. I’m sure Nijman and Braden are stand up guys, but I don’t want them protecting the franchise on our SB run. This is a much better option for plan C, may it never be enacted. 

• Like 1

I wonder how good he is compared to Wagner or Turner?  Is he strictly RT?  Not realistic and not desirable, but a remote unrealistic silly thought was that *if* Patrick was getting manhandled, could one hypothetically bump Turner back to guard?  

28 minutes ago, craig said:

I wonder how good he is compared to Wagner or Turner?  Is he strictly RT?  Not realistic and not desirable, but a remote unrealistic silly thought was that *if* Patrick was getting manhandled, could one hypothetically bump Turner back to guard?  

Patrick has been handing out pancakes all season, plus Veldheer hasn’t been part of the team in a long time.  He’s not getting time unless someone goes down but he’s way better than our other options for bargain rental prices. Let’s hope not to see him, but I’m glad he’s there. 

13 hours ago, craig said:

I think that's in option but if we do go with this option Patrick must really be getting destroyed out there.