Most overrated individual seasons?

Elky

14 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Or it was it his ability to run ---you know the same thing that he was known for along with having a strong arm. Or it was Kerry Collins who played the best ball in his career.

Vince Young averaged 28 yards rushing per game a played that year.

15 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Good. So you now you know that it wasn't just this magical season by CJ where he ran for 2,000 yards all by himself with no help at all like you tried to present it. Gotcha. 

Jesus balls OF COURSE HE WASN'T LITERALLY BY HIMSELF ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD. God this forum is so agonizingly pedantic sometimes and it bogs down actual conversation.

My point was that offense had no other legitimate options, nothing in the realm of dangerous that defenses had to concern themselves with.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

I like this CJ2K debate.....are we saying "overrated individual season" or "One hit Wonder seasons"???

The CJ2K season is more of a one hit wonder than overrated 

Exactly. My point was his season wasn't OVERRATED, which is what this thread is about.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

I like this CJ2K debate.....are we saying "overrated individual season" or "One hit Wonder seasons"???

The CJ2K season is more of a one hit wonder than overrated 

@DannyB

He was more than a one hit wonder...

He had 6 strait 1000k+ yard seasons to start his career. 1400ish+ scrimmage yards for the 6 years as well. That is damn good production. He split time with other backs during this time as well. God knows how many tds lendale white stole from him.

It was not till he left the titans that he was not productive anymore.

And danny calling that season overated is ridiculous. How can you set a nfl record and be overated?

Arguably Alex Smith in general. He requires pretty much perfect play from the rest of his team to be effective. Specifically 2018 is overrated in hindsight once we say what that offense could really do with a QB who wasn't obsessively conservative. 

85 Bears regular season.   The offenses they faced were bad.  

Then in the playoffs they shut down top flight offense effortlessly. 

Edited by Piquel
Oops players, not teams

On 5/30/2020 at 1:32 AM, JustAnotherFan said:

I don't who the most overrated player is, but the most overrated word used on this forum is the word "overrated". 

It's overrated because it might get injured.

• Like 9

Jarvis Landry in 2017. I remember arguing with folks on this site about how Landry caught 110+ passes...

Dude didn't even break 1,000 yards that year. Averaged less than 10 ypc. 

That's impressive in the sense that you'd think a good WR would accidentally stumble into 10+ ypc...

10 hours ago, Vorsutus said:

@DannyB

He was more than a one hit wonder...

He had 6 strait 1000k+ yard seasons to start his career. 1400ish+ scrimmage yards for the 6 years as well. That is damn good production. He split time with other backs during this time as well. God knows how many tds lendale white stole from him.

It was not till he left the titans that he was not productive anymore.

And danny calling that season overated is ridiculous. How can you set a nfl record and be overated?

I hope you don't mean that I'M the one calling that year overrated.

I was the one saying it was NOT overrated.

6 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Vick 2010. It was a couple of games against horrible defenses 

Vick was actually legit pretty good that season, but that one MNF game against Washington led everyone to believe he was an unstoppable juggernaut.

On 5/29/2020 at 7:46 PM, DannyB said:

I didn't say anything about it, I'm just saying as a Broncos fan it's no surprise that you wouldn't list it as a candidate for this thread.

Okay now I'll say something about it. I don't think it's quite as great as the pure stats suggest. Don't get me wrong it's one of the best QB seasons of all-time, but off the top of my head I think Marino '84, Peyton '04, Brady '07, and Rodgers '11 were more impressive.

He sat for his first year, and missed a solid chunk of his 3rd season.

That’s because Brees got benched during his third season. He was awful that season and was one of the reasons we had the #1 overall pick. Trying to think of some good examples but he looked like a certified bust at that point without any chance of getting better. Luckily he proved everyone wrong.

On 5/29/2020 at 7:13 PM, Danger said:

Not going by the typical convention here, but Mitch Trubisky in 2018. His numbers were hugely inflated from his game in TB where the defense basically just didn't even play the game.

On 5/29/2020 at 7:28 PM, Danger said:

Your trolling is hilarious.

@Danger, meet @Danger...