TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

There are so many things wrong with the death of Halyna Hutchins, this isn't an open and shut issue. 

1. The introduction of live ammunition onto a movie set should NEVER happen. Prop guns are just real guns loaded with blank rounds and a gas director to make sure the gun cycles. A prop gun is going to fire real ammunition. Whoever brought live rounds onto the movie set should have been fired immediately and probably charged with reckless negligence. We'll probably never know how it happened. 

2. ****ty gun handling safety on the part of the armorer/prop master. A blank round and a live round look the same from the back, so if you're being lazy and just flipping open the cylinder of a revolver. You're going to see a primer and the back of the casing regardless of whether the round is real or fake. That's criminal. Every round, every barrel, and every gas director needs to be checked before a gun is ever placed on a prop cart. A gun loaded with a blank that has debris in the barrel or a loose gas director is just a short barrelled shotgun loaded with bird/buckshot. 

3. The placement of the cast and camera was unsafe. Regardless of whether or not the gun should have been cold or loaded with a blank, you don't place a camera directly in line with a person firing a fake weapon. You always offset the camera slightly to create a different firing lane. This may have happened during the hypothetical actual shoot, but it should have been happening in the practice shoot also.

4. David Halls, who from what I've read has had several issues with this, taking a gun off of a prop cart and calling a gun "Cold" is something that never should have happened. Only an armorer should be handing a gun to anyone, and is also the only one who should be calling a gun cold. That typically involves a last minute inspection before the declaration. Halls didn't do this. From what we know, the armorer was doing double duty and so the production team decided to go without this last minute check. 

5. The armorer/prop master/safety officer for doing a horrific job teaching gun safety. This was the 3rd accidental discharge on the set. We don't have any details on the first one (who the armorer is blaming on the prop master), but we do know the second one was caused by a stunt double "firing" a blank when he thought the gun was cold that was handed to him by the armorer. She claims that she informed him the gun was hot. This **** shouldn't be happening.

6. Baldwin's production company being cheap and hurried. Almost all of these issues can in some way be linked to Baldwin's production company not having enough/competent people on site. The original union crew had already walked off citing safety concerns (this really translates to "money" and having to work with non-union members, but they were right for once). So the non-union armorer who is 19 got flown in to supervise this, but she was also being tasked with other jobs that kept her away from the filming area. Rather than wait for her, Halls was pulling guns off prop carts. This was also Baldwin's production team who had the camera in a ****ty spot.

7. Baldwin himself. There are 4 primary rules of gun safety. Baldwin broke all of them with his handling of this gun. If he had been taking proper care here, this wouldn't have been an issue. See #5 also. And see #6 for not having an armorer on the filming area to tell him to knock it the **** off. 

8. Hollywood's paralyzing fear of guns and the politics involved, that prevent actors from being knowledgeable about guns. There's no reason at all that actors can't do their own round inspection. In a world that makes sense, there should have been 3 round-checks on this gun. By the armorer when it was put on the prop cart, by the armorer when it was handed to Baldwin, and by Baldwin when he received it from the armorer. #3 definitely should be happening if the actor isn't getting it from an armorer who is doing #2. But that's not how this works. Every person should be responsible for every round they fire from a gun, actors shouldn't be an exception. They can take the 15 minutes to familiarize themselves with the basics.  

Anybody who is blaming just Baldwin is missing the point. Anybody completely absolving Baldwin of blame is also missing the point. There were MULTIPLE checks that had to fail for this to happen. Multiple people are responsible for Hutchins' death. 

Stop trying to make political hay with everything, and just hope that the filming industry learns from this incident.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You're going to see a primer and the back of the casing regardless of whether the round is real or fake. That's criminal.

This is key for me. When this news broke I read a couple articles that this could never happen here in Spain because prop weapons / ammo are a different caliber than real ones so you can’t simply put actual ammo in a prop gun. Makes all the sense in the world imo.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Norm said:

Everyone knows Soros and Hillary paid Baldwin to kill her you libcucks. I've been hunting since I was 3 and I have Facebook. 

I'll be sending you my cleaning bill after this made me sneeze, fart and sh** my pants all at once!

How long have you been Taylor-Green's press secretary?

If they would have been using Jewish laser beams from space nobody would have been hurt.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

I'll be sending you my cleaning bill after this made me sneeze, fart and sh** my pants all at once!

How long have you been Taylor-Green's press secretary?

If they would have been using Jewish laser beams from space nobody would have been hurt.

Yeah well I actually overheard this at the bar, not the Soros part but this was some favor for the Clintons. Probably should stop the politics now but I like just said there stunned, I know they don't like him but how does that name any sense

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yeah well I actually overheard this at the bar, not the Soros part but this was some favor for the Clintons. Probably should stop the politics now but I like just said there stunned, I know they don't like him but how does that name any sense

Just put your Facebook on the table and back away slowly.........

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Norm said:

Tell me you live in rural America without telling me you live in rural America...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Weird how this continually happens to me.  Randomly coming across something shortly after exchanging the idea with someone.  Seems oddly relevant here:

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/the-five-universal-laws-of-human-stupidity?utm_source=pocket-newtab

This article is both enlightening and alarming, but useful nonetheless.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joe said:

Tell me you live in rural America without telling me you live in rural America...

Holy **** my post there was brutal with errors lol. Swyping is great until you don't re read your post before you hit submit

Lesson for today, there is always an ambulance chaser following every tragedy. This grifter, Gloria Allred, found herself a client, who 'was almost hit by the bullet,' allegedly. 

Regardless of whether Alec Baldwin, who was holding the gun when it fired, will be charged with a crime, Allred said, ''there's a potential for liability in a civil lawsuit. So this has to be investigated to see what that liability would entail.''

22 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Weird how this continually happens to me.  Randomly coming across something shortly after exchanging the idea with someone.  Seems oddly relevant here:

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/the-five-universal-laws-of-human-stupidity?utm_source=pocket-newtab

One more.  Remember Dunning-Kruger? It's about a two minute read.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/what-s-behind-the-confidence-of-the-incompetent-this-suddenly-popular-psychological-phenomenon?utm_source=pocket-newtab