TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

4 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

The basis for "young sheldon" looks different than I thought it would.

At 17 I was taking a "Foods" class that I was forced to take to fill some time.

Congrats big brains you got a new one.

7 years in college, huh?

5c5e9651-2c19-4c26-9cba-9141b7041332_tex

864dde8c-d08d-4918-ac46-dd88bf91508a_tex

• Like 4

I get a solicitor every week or two at my place. Today was the first time I have been mean to one.

Be pulling weeds outside my house. Dude walks up trying to sell me gutter guards. “I’m not trying to sell you anything I just want to give a free quote.”

Me- Look at my house. Does anything pop out to you selling gutter guards?

”oh you already have some”

me- “no, I don’t have any trees anywhere near my house.” 

“if you just give me a moment of your ti..”

Me- look, I get it. But no thanks.

”I just have to measure”

Me- it’s flat out insulting your still here. *walk inside*

Spam and solicitation should be a crime.

On 5/20/2024 at 9:52 AM, ThatJerkDave said:

Yeah, I just mean that the smaller the group involved, the easier it is to keep a secret.  There can also be periphery actors that don't really know the whole plan.  For example, if I can convince you to go pull all the fire alarms at an office building as a prank, that can distract from me robbing the bank, and pull resources away from my activity.  So while there may be 400 people that aided in a round about way, it is more likely that there were only a handful that knew the entire plan.  

That's why the fake moon landing theory doesn't work - too many people would've had to be involved. Like, hundreds.

JFK, just a handful, maybe a dozen? Couple dozen?

9/11, even better because it would've been omission vs commission - a couple, three people "losing" the relevant Intel.

On 5/20/2024 at 9:50 AM, ThatJerkDave said:

To complete my thought...

I don't know how much LHO was in on, but I am very confident that they correctly identified him as someone involved.  And I think the assassination of LHO was part of the clean-up, and not someone who wanted to get the guy that got JFK.  

Do you think James Earl Ray was just the fall guy for MLK?  I do.  

Oswald acted alone.   There's no proof otherwise.  Lots of speculation brought on by the media.   

45 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Do you buckle your seatbelt on airplanes?

I suspect 99% of people never give it a second thought because it doesn't feel any different one way or another.

That's one of those things where people who are insecure in their independence worry about.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I do.  That way they leave me alone.  I just put on my seatbelt, plug in some headphones and, if I have one, pull the hood of my hoodie over my head.  Just leave me alone, and if the flight is long enough for a snack, give me a sprite.  

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Extreme turbulence with a rapid drop in altitude means a seatbelt can be pretty useful on an airplane.  It’s obviously not common but it’s more about that than keeping you safe in a nose dive. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Extreme turbulence with a rapid drop in altitude means a seatbelt can be pretty useful on an airplane.  It’s obviously not common but it’s more about that than keeping you safe in a nose dive. 

also this

there's literally a headline yesterday about someone who died on the flight from turbulence and a half dozen others with broken bones

• Like 2

It still annoys me that using seatbelts in a car is required by law in Florida, while not wearing protective gear on a motorcycle is fine.  But I sure was happy to be wearing my seatbelt when I T-boned another car at 50+ mph a few years back.

39 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

It still annoys me that using seatbelts in a car is required by law in Florida, while not wearing protective gear on a motorcycle is fine.  But I sure was happy to be wearing my seatbelt when I T-boned another car at 50+ mph a few years back.

have always just turned my radio up so loud it drowns out the seat belt indicator noise thing until it goes off like 3 minutes later. ended up getting side-swiped by a car going like 60 (it was my fault) and breaking my spine and a bunch of ribs, lungs filled with blood so had to get a lung drain, and had a brain bleed like 6 months ago now. got an emergency spinal fusion and doctors were all pretty amazed i wasn't paralyzed lol. i buckle up now. 

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I have literally never met anybody who doesn't do this.  Like it's minimally inconvenient, and objectively the right thing to do.  Putting your seat belt on when the seat belt light goes on is like returning your cart to the cart corral at the grocery store- it costs me nothing and is the right thing to do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I have literally never met anybody who doesn't do this.  Like it's minimally inconvenient, and objectively the right thing to do.  Putting your seat belt on when the seat belt light goes on is like returning your cart to the cart corral at the grocery store- it costs me nothing and is the right thing to do.

That really chaps my ***.  There are like 4 of those little half size shopping carts in the garage at my apartment.  They are for using to carry stuff to your room then return.  When I get groceries and get home there is a cart returned like 1/50 times.  If I happen to get a lot of stuff, it inevitably takes more than one trip.  And since every store uses those stupid plastic bags, they cut into my fingers.