Why did Reggie Bush Bust?

Ty21

On 6/7/2020 at 9:07 AM, Vorsutus said:

Thought he was drafted in 04. That would be 2 years if my memory serves before the change. 

Nope.

Brees, Payton and Bush all joined in the same offseason, and Bush’s best year in NO was his rookie season 

Edited by Dome

58 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I wouldn't say that he busted for the #2 overall pick. I think it was just a matter of unbelievable expectations that weren't met. People were expecting him to be an all-time great, which is a really difficult standard to meet. 

If I'm using the #2 overall pick on a running back, I. need a better career than Bush's.

40 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Doesn't make him a bust though.

Didn't meet expectations, didn't meet scout evaluations, didn't meet expected return from his draft spot. That is literally what draft bust means.

Now as was discussed earlier in this thread, there can be varying degrees of "bust". He may not be a punch-line like some of the biggest draft busts are, but he's definitely a bust.

On 6/6/2020 at 1:25 AM, Dawgpoun8017 said:

phamx2x5cs2qbwe.png

Ray J put it up her butt , I don't know about Reggie but Ray J wrote a song to it lol ...My dad's friend knows Ray J...he's actually quiet in person , his sister is the cocky one 

• Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 4:47 PM, DannyB said:

Didn't meet expectations, didn't meet scout evaluations, didn't meet expected return from his draft spot. That is literally what draft bust means.

Now as was discussed earlier in this thread, there can be varying degrees of "bust". He may not be a punch-line like some of the biggest draft busts are, but he's definitely a bust.

He played a big part in helping the team win a Super Bowl.  No matter any other "expectation" he had, that means that he is not a bust as ultimately every player you draft/sign you do so with the expectations that they will help you win a Super Bowl.

Compare him to Cedric Benson or Ronnie Brown or Cadillac Williams and he compares favorably.

I understand the bust talk because he was spoken in the same breath as an LT, Saquoun Barkley, Adrian Peterson type rb.

I personally don't think Bush had the vision or size to be an NFL all time great. 

I also got a guy feeling he has a lot of Hollywood Matt in him he just had the talent to get by.

7 hours ago, Raves said:

He played a big part in helping the team win a Super Bowl.  No matter any other "expectation" he had, that means that he is not a bust as ultimately every player you draft/sign you do so with the expectations that they will help you win a Super Bowl.

I understand your point and validate your right to have that opinion.