Notable Stats

HTTRDynasty

15 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

FO debunked it way back in the day, when the stat was gaining traction in the 07 offseason.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/extra-points/2007/fo-mailbag-champ-baileys-four-receptions

Plenty of others have since, as well. KC Joyner charted that season and had him at like 28 receptions allowed, IIRC. I'm pretty sure PFF went back and graded that season once they showed up on the season, and they were in the 30-40 reception range as well.

So plenty have. It just got so widespread so fast that it was honestly too late to change the narrative. People were still quoting that stat in '09 when the question came up of if Revis had the best CB season ever, and that was already years after multiple sources had debunked it.

Yeah, I remember. What I specifically remember is someone here being pretty well versed in all the numbers (might’ve been Blaq), just wanted to see if there were any others aside from PFO. Thanks!

Baffles me that people believe a DB that probably played 90%+ of snaps would only give up four receptions.

It's crazy what some people (Ramblin) have to do to get banned....

Anyway, I love stats. Here's some more!!

Saints better than we thought in week 2...

The Saints gained 7.4 yards per play compared to just 4.9 yards per play for the Raiders. The Saints had a 60% success rate while the Raiders were at 47%. Each team had two turnovers, with the Saints' one interception balancing out two Raiders fumbles (one recovered by each team). There were a lot of penalties on the Saints though. They took 10 penalties for 129 yards. The Raiders took only 3 penalties for 13 yards.

Wentz has the worst 2 game start since Football Outsiders began tracking

So far in 2020, Wentz has been worse than ever. He leads the NFL with four interceptions. He also leads the NFL with eight sacks (tied with Houston's Deshaun Watson).  He is last in the league in DVOA, QBR, and passing DYAR. He's also last with a combined -337 passing and rushing DYAR. In the last 12 years of Quick Reads data, no quarterback has been worse after Week 2.

Lamar Leans Left

Jackson was effective when throwing to his left or down the middle, but not to his right, where he went 7-of-11 for only 63 yards and three first downs

Not a good day for the NFC East's young QBs...

Haskins had the league's worst DYAR in the first half. In the first 30 minutes, he only threw for one first down, a 25-yard gain on second-and-15. Take away that play, and he only completed eight of 15 passes for 41 yards with four sacks and one fumble.

Jones was the league's worst passer on third/fourth downs. He completed six of 11 passes for 55 yards and four conversions, and he picked up another conversion on an 8-yard DPI. But he was also sacked twice on third downs, fumbling once, and he threw an interception too.

Wentz....well, he was even worse (as above). 

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

But... Rams fans said he wasn't good!

He was hit or miss for the Rams especially without Talib. Then you factor in back in 2018 he got hurt Week 2 with an injury that looked to be season ending. He never missed a game but played through it. He didnt really seem healthy until later in the season which was around the time Talib got back from his injury. I never thought Peters was a hot mess, I just thought he was hit or miss and needed Talib on the field to help take the pressure off him. Talib covering Thomas of the Saints and held him in check. Peters covering Thomas of the Saints and he had a career day against the Rams. So Im glad Peters is thriving with the Ravens. Ramsey is thriving with the Rams. The only team that is losing out is the Jags because they wont be getting a high draft pick from the Rams. Looks to be even worst than last year when they were picking 20th. So the poor Jags cant catch a break.