TNF: Bears @ Packers

Herbie_Hancock

25 minutes ago, Stevein2012 said:

After how he looked just laying there I don't see how players on that defense were celebrating it.  Disgusting behavior. 

And Aaron Rodgers gave Danny T a piece of mind and Danny T was just simply jarring with him and showed no concern for the well-being of Adams.

10 minutes ago, strat1080 said:

And Aaron Rodgers gave Danny T a piece of mind and Danny T was just simply jarring with him and showed no concern for the well-being of Adams.

They hyped this "historic rivalry" up all week. Last thing I wanna see is guys hugging on the field. Its football, you get hit. These guys are fairly compensated. Move on.

It was a brutal hit but he shouldn't get a suspended TBH. I think a fine for maybe unnecessary roughness is understandable. The thing is that the play wasn't blown dead and he's a runner at that point. The refs didn't even throw a flag until they saw Adams motionless on the ground. Brutal for Adams though, hope it's not serious.

Big hit and was helmet to helmet but watching the replay and looking at pictures the moment before impact shows that Trevathan was low, body bent to almost a 90 degree angle at the hips, and Adams head drops about 12-18 inches right before impact.  If Adams does not curl up expecting a big hit then Trevathan probably hits him in the numbers.  Needs to not lead with the crown of the helmet, for his safety and others, but if he keeps his head up he is going to hit high more often.  I am iffy on the fine but definitely no suspension.  If he was not such a big hitter this would not be an issue.  Did anyone else notice that the helmet buckled from the force of the hit.  Wonder if we will get a picture of a broken helmet tomorrow.

It was the sound more than anything that was chilling, that and seeing his mouthguard flying like you sometimes see in boxing when they get knocked clean out. It was a brutal hit, one of the worst I have ever seen. Thoughts and prayers with Davante and wishing him a speedy and full recovery.

4 hours ago, wes2.0 said:

They hyped this "historic rivalry" up all week. Last thing I wanna see is guys hugging on the field. Its football, you get hit. These guys are fairly compensated. Move on.

Well that's just bad. You've got to at least attempt to take that loss on the chin like a man. Your fandom apparently has a glass jaw. 

Dirty hit. Totally teed up for a headshot on a guy that essentially had his arms held behind his back.  It's not even the smart play as you're not attacking the ball for a turnover or helping to bring the receiver down. You're literally just trying to Greg Williams him. Just a poor showing all around. 

Defending that behavior is an incredibly bad look.

1 hour ago, nagahide13 said:

Well that's just bad. You've got to at least attempt to take that loss on the chin like a man. Your fandom apparently has a glass jaw. 

Dirty hit. Totally teed up for a headshot on a guy that essentially had his arms held behind his back.  It's not even the smart play as you're not attacking the ball for a turnover or helping to bring the receiver down. You're literally just trying to Greg Williams him. Just a poor showing all around. 

Defending that behavior is an incredibly bad look.

You think he was aiming for the head? 

You can see that his launch point was for the chest/numbers area and it was just bad timing. 

The refs didn't even throw the flag initially 

32 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

You think he was aiming for the head? 

You can see that his launch point was for the chest/numbers area and it was just bad timing. 

The refs didn't even throw the flag initially 

Yeah, they should have. It's an easy and obvious penalty. Literally a textbook flag.

Doesn't matter where he was aiming. That same hit to the chest is a penalty as well.

Archived