Browns General Discussion

candyman93

This won’t be a popular take.

However, we need to continue to develop Baker. You can’t be a run 1st team in this league. Runningbacks are too dependent on a lot of things going right. I saw this with Tennessee yesterday.

Still be a run team, but transition to more pass oriented as Baker gets more comfortable. We really need OBJ and Baker to work things out. 

19 minutes ago, JDD said:

As someone who has 1 kidney I would disagree. 

Yeah, pretty important, what nfl drs on the past haven't treated all players like it is. A dr from pitt had a Pacific island player on NSAIDs and took him to complete renal failure needing a transplant. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Still be a run team, but transition to more pass oriented as Baker gets more comfortable. We really need OBJ and Baker to work things out. 

We need it to work out because OBJ costs us 10% of our cap and plays worse than Rashard higgins

9 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Wyatt teller needs to toughen up and get out there. I know joe Thomas spoiled us for years by playing through every injury possible but teller should be able to suck it up and play the most important game we’ve had in decades. 

Agree.

Seems Tretter makes it out there every game despite injury.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Absolutely.

We win that game if he has just Jarvis or Higgins. 

Hell we might win if Baker actually got to practice with the guys yesterday throughout the week. Jamarcus Bradley was starting to work Baker.

The NFL literally made Baker play with street guys who knew some of the playbook.

I feel the same way. If this happens right after the giants game and they have all week to prepare together. We win the game. Also allows the staff to come up with a legit game plan. 

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

We need it to work out because OBJ costs us 10% of our cap and plays worse than Rashard higgins

QBs explode in this type of system year 2. The 2 most famous examples are Elway and Rodgers this year.

If it doesn’t happen next year, OBJ is done in the NFL. He won’t retire, but the mystique of what he could have been will be over.

49 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Tretter is a guy I don’t think fans appreciate enough. He’s been a rock and given Baker stability day 1.

I’ve always been higher on centers than pretty much anybody. I’ve always seen their high importance to a team. I can’t lie I didn’t like when we signed him based on his injury history at the time. But I’ve been thoroughly impressed by his ability to nut up on the job. He’s very underrated. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

I’ve always been higher on centers than pretty much anybody. I’ve always seen their high importance to a team. I can’t lie I didn’t like when we signed him based on his injury history at the time. But I’ve been thoroughly impressed by his ability to nut up on the job. He’s very underrated. 

He has excelled since he has been here, going from a low tier contract to a top tier. 

17 hours ago, candyman93 said:

This won’t be a popular take.

However, we need to continue to develop Baker. You can’t be a run 1st team in this league. Runningbacks are too dependent on a lot of things going right. I saw this with Tennessee yesterday.

I mean, I feel like as the season has gone on we've become more pass-oriented, or at least much more balanced. I think Stefanski wanted Baker to be more of a game manager until he became more comfortable with the offense, and as we've seen in recent weeks, Baker has been throwing the ball much more often since it appears he's gotten more comfortable with the scheme.