Browns General Discussion

candyman93

2 hours ago, JDD said:

I mean Urban said he should have been a top 10 pick. Not from his production but if he would have gone to OSU, he felt he was one of the best WR in HS he has ever seen. Which says something with the talent he recruited at that position. 

I mean, he was the number one overall recruit and was criminally underdeveloped at UM. 

Same reason I wanted Nico Collins before was snagged like 2 picks before Schwartz.  You’re buying at the absolute bottom.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

war football GIF

I agree but also I bet those contract negotiations are gonna be interesting.  Ward is elite but 3 straight seasons of only 12 starts paints a strong narrative at this point.  Gotta stay on the field for an entire season to get the bag IMO but luckily we've got Berry to figure it out.

9 hours ago, MWil23 said:

MAN COVERAGE…who’d have thought…almost like that’s why we drafted him because that’s all OSU played when he was there. Maybe some quarters and Cover 1 😂 

Joe Woods rn: “Uhhmmm yeah, man coverage.  That’s what we run. Each MAN COVERS a part of the field.  When MAN runs into that area they COVER him.  What else should we be doing with these man corners?”

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MWil23 said:

MAN COVERAGE…who’d have thought…almost like that’s why we drafted him because that’s all OSU played when he was there. Maybe some quarters and Cover 1 😂 

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Joe Woods rn: “Uhhmmm yeah, man coverage.  That’s what we run. Each MAN COVERS a part of the field.  When MAN runs into that area they COVER him.  What else should we be doing with these man corners?”

Something about Derp and cheeks and charlatan 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m actually fine with zone concepts to a degree, but please utilize more man and cover 1 too. We just watched Newsome and Ward lockdown an elite receiving unit, and JJ3 also played his best football in the box this past weekend. Maybe he’s evolving, because he also sent some nice apex blitzes with Hill and gave some varied looks.

• Like 2