Browns General Discussion

candyman93

32 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think the one obvious trade that’s staring us all in the face now would have been to move OBJ.

We could have picked his destination and received compensation.  At this point we get neither.

I'm with you on that.....but my thing is if the rumors of what I'm hearing are accurate, it was a later 3rd day pick (5th-6th), IF we agreed to pay the Majority of his contract for the season. If were paying the deal, I want a 2nd or 3rd.

Were not paying OBJ to play for someone else.

Just now, DaWg_LB. said:

I'm with you on that.....but my thing is if the rumors of what I'm hearing are accurate, it was a later 3rd day pick (5th-6th), IF we agreed to pay the Majority of his contract for the season. If were paying the deal, I want a 2nd or 3rd.

Were not paying OBJ to play for someone else.

You’re paying for a pick and the ability to choose where he plays.

The NFC for a team we don’t play is ideal.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Coaches always think they can fix things…

Shoulda pulled the trigger.

I feel him....but Stefanski is a young HC.....you know young guys think they can fix anything (I spent year 25-33 with my Ex).......he will grow into it. I just turned 44 2 Wednesday's ago....and I can tell you, the Cut Bait Button is a LOT Quicker at 44 than 24...

57dab955cd26cd0056d9b971-5808723f95cee40

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I feel him....but Stefanski is a young HC.....you know young guys think they can fix anything (I spent year 25-33 with my Ex).......he will grow into it. I just turned 44 2 Wednesday's ago....and I can tell you, the Cut Bait Button is a LOT Quicker at 44 than 24...

57dab955cd26cd0056d9b971-5808723f95cee40

Happy birthday old man ;) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You’re paying for a pick and the ability to choose where he plays.

The NFC for a team we don’t play is ideal.

Dang....my bad, I just looked up his contract.....we gotta pay him ANYWAY, this year...I see what you mean now. Might as well take SOMETHING....if we gotta pay him anyway. AND get to boot him to an NFC team.....hell we should have traded him to the Lions for Khaderal Hodge (back) and a 5th.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Dang....my bad, I just looked up his contract.....we gotta pay him ANYWAY, this year...I see what you mean now. Might as well take SOMETHING....if we gotta pay him anyway. AND get to boot him to an NFC team.....hell we should have traded him to the Lions for Khaderal Hodge (back) and a 5th.

Letting him go catch passes from Siemian and Hill could have been fun to watch.

Of course at that point he may have refused to report.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 7:09 PM, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Gonna have to be in the draft cause there’s not much in free agency as far as front 7 goes 

It is going to be interesting with chubb facing 8andn9 man fronts Joe woods defense is going to be on the field more then ever. 

Who do you get that is better that is willing

To face Lamar and Burrows for the next 10

Years noting this team is going to lose Dak and Clowney plus Harrison

4 hours ago, mtmmike said:

It is going to be interesting with chubb facing 8andn9 man fronts Joe woods defense is going to be on the field more then ever. 

Who do you get that is better that is willing

To face Lamar and Burrows for the next 10

Years noting this team is going to lose Dak and Clowney plus Harrison

I actually believe Baker will dissect the defense with those stacked boxes. Being free of Odell is addition by subtraction. He really is poison. 

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

They need to work on an extension for Wyatt now. Him + Tretter + Joel have been the only consistent pieces on offense all year.

Yep.  Keep him and Njoku.

Clear caps space with Hooper if need be.  He’s a solid vet, but I refuse to believe you can’t find a solid blocking TE who can find holes in zone coverage for half or less of what Hooper costs.

Restructure/extend Juice for a considerable amount less or you move in their too.

I’m probably tagging Clowney tbh unless he accepts a reasonable 2 year deal.

• Like 1