Browns General Discussion

candyman93

3 hours ago, bruceb said:

Cannot wrap my mind around going all in on WRs in the draft.

Getting WRs for a coach that doesn't value them and a QB who either doesn't see or cannot hit them?

I get the "get them for the next guy" argument, but I want to win more now.

There are many other ways we can go in the draft that makes us a better team that should win more now.

Idk if we have to go "All In" but we need to draft one at 13 and at least one more Day 2. We just need talent there. I mean just look at the Superbowl. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

The amount of love OBJ has gotten from former teammates is more than I have ever seen in sport for someone now playing on a different team.

Its also a problem for the Browns and Baker if his teammates think it’s Bakers fault then it’s a impossible situation going forward 

Some of those dudes probably won’t be on the team next year: Mack Wilson, Rashard Higgins, Njoku, but unfortunately Newsome too.

Edited by candyman93

On 2/14/2022 at 6:33 AM, candyman93 said:

Some of those dudes probably won’t be on the team next year: Mack Wilson, Rashard Higgins, Njoku, but unfortunately Newsome too.

Some doesn't make up for the majority, I just don't think those guys believe in Baker, there might be guys who like him as a friend and all but as a the leader of the team? No

I just don't think we can move forward and be a unified locker room with him here

Edited by MSURacerDT55

7 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Some doesn't make up for the majority, I just don't think those guys believe in Baker, there might be guys who like him as a friend and all but as a the leader of the team? No

I just don't think we can move forward and be a unified locker room with him here

Fair or not, his wife hasn't exactly endeared herself to the locker room and has done a lot more harm than good with a few of her social media posts that have lauded Baker's toughness while throwing other guys under the bus.

I'm telling you, social media and coaching I can't imagine with professional athletes today.

Wives/girlfriends/players not to mention burner accounts like KD. It's unreal.

17 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Fair or not, his wife hasn't exactly endeared herself to the locker room and has done a lot more harm than good with a few of her social media posts that have lauded Baker's toughness while throwing other guys under the bus.

I'm telling you, social media and coaching I can't imagine with professional athletes today.

Heck, not mentioning the Browns or your teammates in your "recovery update"  video isn't a good look either. He is just immature, and sensitive.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

His wife is like a worse version of a Kardashian.

5 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

His wife is like a worse version of a Kardashian.

To be fair anyone who defends any aspect of Baker's game gets ridiculed. She shouldn't defend her husband in social media but I get it. The vigor thrown around at anyone who supports Baker is a bigger issue and probably the hurdle we won't get over and why it's probably best for everyone that we move on. I have no doubt it will end up being ugly for awhile but maybe we get lucky and get a QB that does well and those that supported Baker take a higher ground than those that just spat venom against Baker.

But probably not. Any issue will be brought up by some, whether disgruntled or just how people are. We aren't a great fanbase overall anymore and we just have to accept that we use bullying and hate to defend our views. It's a political country it was bound to seep in everywhere else.

On 2/15/2022 at 11:45 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

just crazy that the dude gets hurt and was trying to play through it and that turns his teammates on him.

god I wish Stefanski would have just benched baker and the organization would have shut him down and made him get his shoulder fix

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, buno67 said:

just crazy that the dude gets hurt and was trying to play through it and that turns his teammates on him.

god I wish Stefanski would have just benched baker and the organization would have shut him down and made him get his shoulder fix

I honestly don't think it was about anything physical, it has to do with everything else, Twitter, his wife, his stubbornness, lack of leadership, etc....

Trust me, these guys are fair, they wont turn on you if they don't have a legit reason. 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 12:22 AM, hornbybrown said:

The amount of love OBJ has gotten from former teammates is more than I have ever seen in sport for someone now playing on a different team.

Its also a problem for the Browns and Baker if his teammates think it’s Bakers fault then it’s a impossible situation going forward 

If Baker gets his body right and starts balling out it won't matter.  I don't think most of this season is a true reflection of what he can do.

Love in the locker room for OBJ doesn't mean that they are against Baker.

• Like 1

Why are people talking like and assuming the entire locker room has turned against Baker. Aside from the cesspool that is Twitter, and clickbait stories, is there any solid evidence for this? Even if there are some doubters sprinkled in the locker room (and outside of it - I'm one of them) he can shut them up and get them on his side really quickly by playing like a quality QB. 

Also, why are people ripping Mayfield's wife for defending her man on Twitter but not castigating OBJs dad for throwing an absolute bomb at team chemistry in the service of defending his grown son?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dawgdish said:

Why are people talking like and assuming the entire locker room has turned against Baker. Aside from the cesspool that is Twitter, and clickbait stories, is there any solid evidence for this? Even if there are some doubters sprinkled in the locker room (and outside of it - I'm one of them) he can shut them up and get them on his side really quickly by playing like a quality QB. 

Also, why are people ripping Mayfield's wife for defending her man on Twitter but not castigating OBJs dad for throwing an absolute bomb at team chemistry in the service of defending his grown son?

Do you think they enjoyed playing with one of the worst QBs in the league last year?

• Like 2