Browns General Discussion

candyman93

10 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

It makes sense though. If I’m Flores I’m telling hue to shut up, I got this. 

100%

This is selfish stuff from Hue Jackson. Brian Flores has a legit, well documented grievance for racial inequities in the NFL hiring process. Hue just wants to broadcast how being a bad team was the FO's fault, not his, tanking a chance for serious accountability for the league.

I legitimately would not be surprised if someone wanting to distract from Flores' accusations thought of Hue's selfish desire to clear his own name and nudged him to try and weasel into the conversation as a way to discredit Flores.

That said, I think the simplest explanation is that Hue is one of the most unabashedly selfish people I can think of and he saw this landmark possibility to bring about real change and racial reckoning to a league that clearly needs it as a chance for him to improve his own situation and he doesn't care if he taints the effort in the process.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, FGK said:

100%

This is selfish stuff from Hue Jackson. Brian Flores has a legit, well documented grievance for racial inequities in the NFL hiring process. Hue just wants to broadcast how being a bad team was the FO's fault, not his, tanking a chance for serious accountability for the league.

I legitimately would not be surprised if someone wanting to distract from Flores' accusations thought of Hue's selfish desire to clear his own name and nudged him to try and weasel into the conversation as a way to discredit Flores.

That said, I think the simplest explanation is that Hue is one of the most unabashedly selfish people I can think of and he saw this landmark possibility to bring about real change and racial reckoning to a league that clearly needs it as a chance for him to improve his own situation and he doesn't care if he taints the effort in the process.

Exactly. 

50 minutes ago, FGK said:

100%

Well summarized. 

People on all sides can look at the Flores situation and stand united against the villains in the story thinking it’s a jacked up system and occurrence.

Then you have Hue trying to capitalize when his situation isn’t remotely apples to apples and trying to say “this proves my case.”

• Like 4

Amen Jimmy

“Hue Jackson has never ever accepted any responsibility for our record during that time period,” Haslam said in an exclusive interview. “He’s been masterful at pointing fingers but has never accepted any blame. I have accepted a ton of blame, and rightfully so.

“I can’t think of any individual that I’ve worked with over the past 45 years that I spent as much time trying to help be successful as I did Hue Jackson,” Haslam said. “His third year, when our roster began to pretty dramatically improve, the eight games he coached we were 2-5-1. After Hue was dismissed, we went 5-3.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 6