Browns General Discussion

candyman93

Our defense is better than Cincinnatis.

Our RBs and o-line are better.

The difference is simply QB and pass catchers. I think it’s possible to match them in pass catchers this off-season, if we are aggressive. Then it just comes down to if Baker puts the time in.

23 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

No doubt. I would personally amend it to:

Step 1: Find your Franchise QB

For sure, but is that Stafford?  Like, he’s had a couple really good season, but plenty of other meh ones.  Compare his year 4 to Baker’s for example.

I guess my whole point in this is we shouldn’t be too hasty in thinking the grass is always greener.

23 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Step 2: You have exponentially increased your odds of winning exponentially more games, making your odds of making the playoffs exponentially better

For sure.

I don’t disagree with any of this, I just think it’s a moot point for the Browns as this draft looks horrific for QB’s and out options of established vets is pretty limited.

I know people will point out Rodgers and Wilson, but neither are even on the trade block as of now nor so we have any indications they’d want to play here.

If I’m a QB my interest here is minimal until we correct the talent issue at WR tbh.

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Our defense is better than Cincinnatis.

Our RBs and o-line are better.

The difference is simply QB and pass catchers.

I mean, Burrow went 23/38, 250, 2/1.  He didn’t singlehandedly win them that game.  That’s a Baker stat line lol.

They won yesterday because their defense played out of their minds the entire second half and OT.

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I think it’s possible to match them in pass catchers this off-season, if we are aggressive. Then it just comes down to if Baker puts the time in.

Lol idk about all that.

Chase, Higgins and Boyd are arguable the best 1-3 in football. Certainly in the discussion.

2 Things.....

1. Has anyone heard of an update on Father Callahan? And the Bears Pursuit of him, and their coach who's name sounds like some Sort of Old Testament Biblical Musical Instrument...or an instrument out of a Dr. Seuss book....I could see a scripture like "And they sang praises to the Lord with the Harp, Drum,  Euberfleus and Sackbut" LOL

2. One of the Brothers in here talked BBS (Battered Browns Syndrome).....I think we all have a touch of that in here......but I found the Perfect Gif of what it BBS feels like at times...When it keeps calling you and calling you, and you cant help it, gotta go back to it...

ImperturbablePersonalAffenpinscher-max-1

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

uh oh.....if Hue telling the truth......Haslam!!!!  Sashi!!!!!  Depo!!!!!!  and gulp Berry!!!!! all in trouble

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/02/nfl-must-investigate-tanking-allegations-against-dolphins-browns/

I’m gonna go out on a limb and assume the nerds know better than to write “for tanking games” on the memo line of the check.

Getting an end of the year bonus proves nothing tbh.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m gonna go out on a limb and assume the nerds know better than to write “for tanking games” on the memo line of the check.

Getting an end of the year bonus proves nothing tbh.

Part of me just wants this all to be true, so I can be here for all the lulz......talk about burn it all down

• Like 2

People say what they want to say about Hue (and he will definitely stretch the truth) but that AJ McCarron thing showed me one side wanted to rebuild and the other side wanted to win at all cost. They were not in sync, the thing is though, Hue wasn't dumb, he wasn't trying to rock the boat enough to stop be fired prematurely. He knew he would never get a shot if he continued to lose with another organization so he zigged when the organization wanted him to zag. 

My question is, what would you all have done if you were in his situation? Gracefully go down knowing you will never get a shot again or go down fighting?

Unless I’m missing something that was explicitly stated, there is a difference between an owner straight up offering money for a coach to lose games and what happened here. Clearly, the Browns played young guys and weren’t interested in winning as the season went as far as the players that rolled out there. But the coaches and players that were on the field on Sundays had the goal of winning. Bonus money due to losing in this situation seems to just be softening the blow where the owner acknowledges he isn’t giving the coach much of a chance to win the games. Most of the teams that are competing for the top picks in the draft anymore don’t seem too interested in rolling a woman roster out there the last few weeks of the season. Incentive money proves nothing here.

Tldr yes Haslam is still a pooper scooper and if Hue costs us anything I’ll hate him even more.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cattleman78 said:

Read where Conklin's agent said Conklin is doing well in rehab and should be ready for opening season.  Good news.

Good To see you Back Posting again......we got Worried, thought we might have to get some Bail money together or something 😁

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

uh oh.....if Hue telling the truth......Haslam!!!!  Sashi!!!!!  Depo!!!!!!  and gulp Berry!!!!! all in trouble

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/02/nfl-must-investigate-tanking-allegations-against-dolphins-browns/

Brian Flores:

No way, I'm winning and I'm putting my entire future at risk for fighting this.

Hue Jackson:

*Stares at end of year bonus*

625.jpg

• Like 3