Browns General Discussion

candyman93

Former Browns WR Homer Jones, who returned the second half kickoff for a TD in the first ever Monday Night Football game, has passed away at 82.

Sad part is i remember that game like it was yesterday. Guess that means I are old too.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/former-browns-wide-receiver-passes-away-at-82/ar-AA1cBbWt?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=db7b47eccf82491ebfa53dc10c2fc7d7&ei=12

• Like 2

8 hours ago, candyman93 said:

There are rumors we are interested in Yannick Ngakoue.

Do we want 6 DE’s….?

Why not, Philly had a similar approach last year and had a load of sacks with the group, if he can come cheap, why not ensure production from every group on the field. I would love it, that means we can keep Myles fresh and still have production why he isn't on the field. Also our pass rush could be the deciding factor on who wins our conference 

I also find it highly offensive that the Broncos have an SNF game on the initial schedule while we do not even though we had three more wins than them last year. Blame Sean Payton and Russell Wilson for that.

Edited by pf9

8 hours ago, pf9 said:

I also find it highly offensive that the Broncos have an SNF game on the initial schedule while we do not even though we had three more wins than them last year. Blame Sean Payton and Russell Wilson for that.

And I thank them for it.  I have no interest keeping my *** up that late.

• Like 2

On 6/18/2023 at 8:09 AM, candyman93 said:

There are rumors we are interested in Yannick Ngakoue.

Do we want 6 DE’s….?

Did @brownie man start those rumors?

I don’t believe we are in the market for Ngakoue. We are all set at DE. I wanna see one of the young guys (McGuire/Wright/Thomas) get reps so we can see what we have. We are gonna need a young dude to step up for us long-term.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I don’t think Alex Wright is anything special or more than a practice squad caliber player

I thinking making that determination after one year while playing under Joe Woods is a wee bit premature.

Between organic improvement from year 1 to year 2 (which is typically notable), a better scheme, better supporting cast and a reduced role, I think we could see a much different player this season.  At a minimum he’ll be put in a position to succeed.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I thinking making that determination after one year while playing under Joe Woods is a wee bit premature.

Between organic improvement from year 1 to year 2 (which is typically notable), a better scheme, better supporting cast and a reduced role, I think we could see a much different player this season.  At a minimum he’ll be put in a position to succeed.

I don’t disagree with any of this. I just don’t think he’s anything more than a PS guy.

18 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Why not, Philly had a similar approach last year and had a load of sacks with the group, if he can come cheap, why not ensure production from every group on the field. I would love it, that means we can keep Myles fresh and still have production why he isn't on the field. Also our pass rush could be the deciding factor on who wins our conference 

Excellent move anything to remove the 125th and 126th ranked defensive lineman off the field. 

We are going to get a read on this defensive right away playing 1 of the top ranked offensives right off.

There is no excuses to not beat Cincinnati seeing that Mayfield was 3 wins no losses with a 120 qb rating against Cincinnati. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Did @brownie man start those rumors?

Nah I do not think we’l go for Yannick

but I do think we keep 6 DEs

Myles, Z, OBO, Alex, McGuire, Thomas

i think if healthy all 6 make the roster 

I could see us keeping 5 DTs

Dalvin, Perrion, Siaka, Elliot, Hurst

I would’ve said 4, but with Jordan’s restructure I don’t think he gets cut. 

We need to change our d line but being a weakness to a strength. And I think Obo has some linebacker versatility that could help with the numbers.