Browns General Discussion

candyman93

OK....I may be the only one here, but while loosing Delpit for the year....and most of you know he was my top S prospects coming out this year....While I think this is potentially a serious loss, I really want to know what we have in Sheldrick Redwine and JT Hassle this year....

Redwine was a CB for 2 years before he became a safety for this last two at Miami....with a 10'3" foot Broad Jump, 39 inch Vert and a 4.44 40YD, he has some impressive tools. And he comes from a school that gave the NFL Safeties like Bubba McDowell, Darryl Williams, Brandon Merriweather, Bennie Blades, Antrell Rolle, Sean Taylor and Ed Reed...

https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Sheldrick&l=Redwine&i=27538

Sr. year highlights:

And JT Hassle, besides the hand thing (his numbers are completely impressive) and he played LB in college....with a 10'1" Broad, 42 inch Vert and 4.38 40YD, he has TOP NOTCH tools to work with.

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/05/j-t-hassell/

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

OK....I may be the only one here, but while loosing Delpit for the year....and most of you know he was my top S prospects coming out this year....While I think this is potentially a serious loss, I really want to know what we have in Sheldrick Redwine and JT Hassle this year....

Redwine was a CB for 2 years before he became a safety for this last two at Miami....with a 10'3" foot Broad Jump, 39 inch Vert and a 4.44 40YD, he has some impressive tools

https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Sheldrick&l=Redwine&i=27538

And JT Hassle, besides the hand thing (his numbers are completely impressive) and he played LB in college....with a 10'1" Broad, 42 inch Vert and 4.38 40YD, he has TOP NOTCH tools to work with.

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/05/j-t-hassell/

Neither of those guys have been much in camp. They’re not going to all of a sudden be good in game. 

If we want to sign Earl, better do it by the end of this week. Week 1 is going to be here soon.

Would love to have Earl breakdown some Ravens schemes.

I think a vet like him can figure out our scheme in 2 weeks.

Edited by candyman93

6 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Neither of those guys have been much in camp. They’re not going to all of a sudden be good in game. 

Allow me to Retort......I respect your observations......at the same time.....Both are still developing players....and in action last year Redwine at least looked Serviceable.....needs to work on tackling, but athletic and scheme aware enough where I feel he will defend the long pass. Which is Job One for a FS.

And on the 2nd question, what do you think it would cost to pry Malik Hooker away from the Colts?

I don't care if it's a new scheme or not, if the offense is getting thumped by the defense on a regular basis, early in the year or not, that's an issue with the clear talent advantage that offense possesses, especially with our secondary and linebacker corps decimated/sucking. 

On 8/25/2020 at 4:33 PM, candyman93 said:

I like the Curtis Weaver pick up

He won’t play this year from what I’ve read.

Finally something to get excited about. I love this savvy move by Berry. I wanted us to take him later in the Draft as a situational guy to help Garrett. He can use this time to get his body right and a little more explosive and can really pay dividends later, God I love this move....

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 2