Browns General Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Finally something to get excited about. I love this savvy move by Berry. I wanted us to look at him as someone we could use as a really good situational guy. He can use this time to get his body right and a little more explosive and can really pay dividends later, God I love this move....

Obviously, I don’t know what philosophy Andrew Berry wants to follow.

If he follows how Philly has done things:

1. Invest heavily into the trenches. Get as many pass rushers as possible + have an athletic and elite offensive line.

2. Live with a rotating door at secondary and linebacker. The key for that unit is they must be able to tackle. Same deal with linebackers. These guys will get hurt and hurt often, but trust your system to make them competent.

3. Value running backs more than other teams do. They constantly turnover the bottom of that depth chart trying to get new RBs.

4. They also run heavy double tight end.

5. Phillys entire identity is being tough as hell and out scheming you. They can win a war of attrition that way. It’s how they won a super bowl.

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Obviously, I don’t know what philosophy Andrew Berry wants to follow.

If he follows how Philly has done things:

1. Invest heavily into the trenches. Get as many pass rushers as possible + have an athletic and elite offensive line.

2. Live with a rotating door at secondary and linebacker. The key for that unit is they must be able to tackle. Same deal with linebackers. These guys will get hurt and hurt often, but trust your system to make them competent.

3. Value running backs more than other teams do. They constantly turnover the bottom of that depth chart trying to get new RBs.

4. They also run heavy double tight end.

5. Phillys entire identity is being tough as hell and out scheming you. They can win a war of attrition that way. It’s how they won a super bowl.

Also focus on the qb position. 

Traded up for Wentz, traded Bradford for a 1 and had Foles on the books.

16 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Also focus on the qb position. 

Traded up for Wentz, traded Bradford for a 1 and had Foles on the books.

The way Philly is ran might be the most easy model to follow honestly. Toughness and scheme are instilled by a coach.

I think we have talent in the trenches on both sides already. So it shouldn’t be hard to keep adding on.

1 minute ago, DaWg_LB. said:

If the cost for Malik Hooker is one of our 4th's from next year, I wouldnt mind pulling the trigger on that.....

I’d absolutely do it. But what do we do next year. We’ll have delpit and hooker will be up for a contract. Do we keep both? Move one to SS?

30 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’d absolutely do it. But what do we do next year. We’ll have delpit and hooker will be up for a contract. Do we keep both? Move one to SS?

tenor.gif

I like the way you think Sir.

If we did it, I would get a 2 year extension tacked on to his rookie deal, so we get him for 3 years. If Joe woods really wants to run a Big Nickle D, having interchangeable safeties with position flexibility is key. And I think Hooker and Delpit both could play FS and SS, and then maybe we snag the kid Hamsah Nasirildeen in the draft, or Karl Joseph show's his first round chops as a SS and we resign him. Another though I have also is AJ Green may transition to safety....but needing 3 Flexible interchangeable starts pretty good with Delpit and Hooker....

What do you think about AJ Green moving to safety? Antrell Rolle style???

Edited by DaWg_LB.

11 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I don't care if it's a new scheme or not, if the offense is getting thumped by the defense on a regular basis, early in the year or not, that's an issue with the clear talent advantage that offense possesses, especially with our secondary and linebacker corps decimated/sucking. 

I've watch nearly every offensive snap for our live training camp, and I don't think the offense is getting 'thumped on a regular basis'.

The passing hasn't been great 2 out of the last 3 practices and reporters feel like they need to exaggerate just to get clicks. Baker recently just shredded the defense a few days ago (I think it was Saturday), was something like 16/19 with 7 TDs no INTs, making short, mid, and long throws like it was nothing. And he had a wonderful practice before that as well.

The problem is the media is searching for a story. The media gives absolutely no attention to our rushing game - Chubb and Hunt have been DOMINATING on the ground. I want to put some extra mustard on that - they have been running all over EVERY SINGLE PRACTICE like they're playing against a varsity defense.

In a real game, that would completely warp the defensive scheme and force them to adjust. In camp, the defense knows that the offense is gonna just pass the ball because they need to work on that, whereas in a real game they better do something to stop Chubb from running his way to the end zone. Don't get me wrong - our offense (passing specifically) has struggled in camp at times, but if Stefanski commits to the run, the overall product won't look as bad as reporters are making it out to be. We have work to do with passing but I have faith it'll come with time - we've seen that potential in camp already.

• Like 1

Just my opinion, but Higgins was the star of today’s practice. Him and Baker had really good rapport like they usually do.

DPJ is not hurt.

Kareem and Nick are going to be monsters in this system. We need to keep both. They could be something special.

42 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Just my opinion, but Higgins was the star of today’s practice. Him and Baker had really good rapport like they usually do.

DPJ is not hurt.

Kareem and Nick are going to be monsters in this system. We need to keep both. They could be something special.

Best plan of action this season: pound the ROCK!!

Defense is soft/injured? Passing game has to matriculate?

POUND THE ROCK!!! Break their will to fight. POUND THE ROCK!!! Eat up the clock. POUND THE ROCK!!! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

Best plan of action this season: pound the ROCK!!

Defense is soft/injured? Passing game has to matriculate?

POUND THE ROCK!!! Break their will to fight. POUND THE ROCK!!! Eat up the clock. POUND THE ROCK!!! 

Yep. I don’t trust baker at all right now. Run 50X a game. Throw back to the 80s. I want 2 1500 yard rushers.