2020 Browns Hype

dll2000

13 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I mean talent really has never been an issue. The Browns have had talented teams in the past. The issue is the fact that they have yet to find a GM/HC combo in 20 years that can get the most out of the talent they have like other good franchises do. Coaching, consistency, leadership and direction have been the reason the Browns have sucked since I was in Elementary School, not the overall talent level on the teams.

When they do have talent on their teams they find a way to squander it, not enhance it or build on it. Its a front office/coaching issue way more than it is a player issue (outside of QB).

Excellent points, but they have not had this much talent in toto since they became an expansion team.   This is by far most talented team to date of new Browns IMO.

They have character concerns and new coaches in crazy Covid year.    So who knows if that talent will translate to Ws?   But pure playing ability and physical talent, they are stacked, one of most talented rosters in entire league.

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Excellent points, but they have not had this much talent in toto since they became an expansion team.   This is by far most talented team to date of new Browns IMO.

They have character concerns and new coaches in crazy Covid year.    So who knows if that talent will translate to Ws?   But pure playing ability and physical talent, they are stacked, one of most talented rosters in entire league.

My biggest concern is Covid related. Teams with a new staff are in biggest need for a full offseason, so - assuming there is a season - there might be a lot of growing pains for this team early on.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Oh I agree, if they can't put together at least a 8-8 or 9-7 season then again I consider it another coaching failure.

Like Mike Polk said "It's actually statistically harder to be this consistently bad than it is to occasionally, accidentally be good"

12 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Oh I agree, if they can't put together at least a 8-8 or 9-7 season then again I consider it another coaching failure.

Like Mike Polk said "It's actually statistically harder to be this consistently bad than it is to occasionally, accidentally be good"

Watch, these past two seasons are the peak of Browns winning for the next 20 years. 

Poor Browns fans.

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

He realized that the Browns realized that he's not very good (so far) 

It was eventually going to happen when you look at what we’re paying Austin Hooper. 

His problem is his hands, injuries, and lack of blocking.

37 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

are you CLE guys expecting Hooper to have anything near his numbers in CLE as he did with Matty Bryan?

i mean i fully expect grand father Hayden Hurst to outdo his numbers in his first season in ATL so...

Considering it’s a TE friendly system?  Yep