Jets S Jamal Adams demands trade

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, dcat said:

This guy is so full of himself that it is ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, dcat said:

A narcissist can not be a team leader. 

1 hour ago, dcat said:

Jamal does not have the back of his teammates.   

1 hour ago, dcat said:

A real leader doesn't say some of the things Jamal has... like “we need more dogs on this team” to the media which is basically saying “these guys suck, we need better players” 

You can probably say this about plenty of great athletes. You think Kobe didn’t do/wasn’t all of these things? 

Or if you want to stay football related, you think Tom Brady wasn’t all of those things? It sort of comes with the territory of being an elite athlete. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, dcat said:

How is he a difference maker?  He has had a few game changing plays (i.e. stealing the ball right out of Daniel Jones hand) but come on.  Look closely at the tapes of his coverage.  For every nice play in coverage, there are three or four where he takes the wrong angle or is otherwise late to the ball.  Where he makes sensational plays is from the box or in the hybrid LB role.  Outstanding in that regard.  But pass coverage is at best average.  Of course Jets fans will deny this but I have studied this guy since day 1.  Excellent player but with multiple flaws in coverage.  Very smart and knowledgeable and great in the defensive huddle.  Adams brings some great stuff to the table indeed.  But coverage is NOT one of them.   add to this his abrasive, narcissistic personality and you have a problem.  

For the first time, I actually hope they trade him.  What a shame.  Too bad his NFL veteran father couoldn't help him handle this mess better.  

Lol man quit allowing your emotions to get the better of you... Not athletic, average in coverage & simply not a difference maker? 

Nothing you claim is reputable. The fact that you try to insinuate those who watch film would agree with you is comical & couldn't be further from the truth. Bash Jamal's character all you want, but try & be the slightest bit objective in discussing his game. Still waiting for you to support your argument that he's just average in coverage with literally anything besides his lack of INTs or narcissistic personality.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, offbyone said:

Maybe I am missing something but if he wants to be paid premium rates, wouldn't it be smarter to choose teams who actually have cap space?

He actually already negotiated and agreed to an extension with us last season, IIRC, but the trade fell through due to them wanting a 1st round pick and Zach Martin.

I guess what I am trying to say - is the right team is important also. Not just only the $$.

6 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Lol man quit allowing your emotions to get the better of you... Not athletic, average in coverage & simply not a difference maker? 

Nothing you claim is reputable. The fact that you try to insinuate those who watch film would agree with you is comical & couldn't be further from the truth. Bash Jamal's character all you want, but try & be the slightest bit objective in discussing his game. Still waiting for you to support your argument that he's just average in coverage with literally anything besides his lack of INTs or narcissistic personality.  

poor angles taken in coverage.  Late to the play.  Often.  I watch every game.  Plenty of good plays too, but plenty of head scratchers.  Highly overrated but has great moments.  He is no Ed Reed and maybe never will be.  Believe what you want.  I've watched him since LSU.  Good player but very overrated.  My opinion, nothing more.

45 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

You can probably say this about plenty of great athletes. You think Kobe didn’t do/wasn’t all of these things? 

Or if you want to stay football related, you think Tom Brady wasn’t all of those things? It sort of comes with the territory of being an elite athlete. 

Bad comparison. Kobe and Tom Brady didn't publicly demand an early pay day after their rookie deal, and both made their teams championship contenders. They also ended up playing their entire career or most of their career with the team that drafted them. They earned the right to talk about the team, because they were the team.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

I’m actually siding with NYJ management here. He deserves to be paid, but he has no leverage given the time left on his contract.

Just wait another year, you’ll get the money you deserve.

I agree. Jets have all the leverage and JD is no pushover. He won't let Adams dictate anything to him. 

Adams acting like he has some trade clause is hilariously naive. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HoboRocket said:

Arizona could take him...

Simmons + Adams....

Not a fan of the Cards, but as a fan of the game that would be a fun duo to watch fly around a defense. Arizona seems like a team on the come up too, albeit one in an increasingly tough division.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Simmons + Adams....

Not a fan of the Cards, but as a fan of the game that would be a fun duo to watch fly around a defense. Arizona seems like a team on the come up too, albeit one in an increasingly tough division.

And let's not forget Budda Baker, who has quietly been very, very good over the past couple seasons. I mean, he shut down Kittle (and then got hurt).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, offbyone said:

Maybe I am missing something but if he wants to be paid premium rates, wouldn't it be smarter to choose teams who actually have cap space?

Texans have ton of cap space and I wouldn't be surprised if we JJ retires by the time Adams needs a new contract + we'll either let DJ go or we'll have a smaller contract as his runs out in 2021. The issue is what do we trade for? The best hope is a Darius Slay situation and hope Adams holds out and tanks his trade value.

28 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

And let's not forget Budda Baker, who has quietly been very, very good over the past couple seasons. I mean, he shut down Kittle (and then got hurt).

Good point. Forgot about Baker, Washington has really cranked out those DBs. Lot of young players on that Cards team to like. I imagine they'll be a pretty popular 'sleeper pick' among analysts for the 2020 season. 

I'm keeping an eye on Leki Fotu too. Was high on him throughout the draft process. 

• Like 1

Adams best pick that laughing stock team has drafted in the last 25 years....they should give them whatever he wants or someone will. Shoot Id take him in Detroit even though hes not needed....Jets will always be trash for reasons like this. 

29 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

Adams best pick that laughing stock team has drafted in the last 25 years....they should give them whatever he wants or someone will. Shoot Id take him in Detroit even though hes not needed....Jets will always be trash for reasons like this. 

Did a Lions fan just call us a laughing stock....LMAO

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

How black is your pot?

• Like 5