Around the League 2020

Bobby816

6 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I won't pretend I know the ins and outs of running an NFL franchise but if I'm in the Johnson's role I take my losses on the chin and evaluate who earns a spot on the team going forward.  The number 1 pick is looming let's see what Sam (and the rest of the team) has without Gase.

Yes these next 12 games are pretty much an interview for Darnold. His job has never been questioned. And now it is.

35 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Cam Newton is OUT with Covid. The game has been pushed to monday or tuesday, but either way Cam wont be able to play. Probably out the week after aswell if they have a game.

Ya I believe he can’t do anything for 14 days. So he will be out 2 weeks at minimum. Stidham isn’t bad though.

4 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Darnold continued developing into better stage without good pass protection under Gase last year. This year, despite a small sample, Darnold has regressed even though with better OT tandem.  Darnold shares the most responsibility for his current regression.  IOL and Gase own some.

Yeah you can only get hit so much before you start to get happy feet

8 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

I don't think Bates was nearly as bad as people made him out to be.  He actually had Sam trending up his rookie year and was the reason we had high hopes for Sam before Gase came in to ruin him.

Sam had a couple good games against Green Bay and Houston late in the season. He also had that 4 INT stinker against Miami. 

Bates was promoted to implement the run game Bowles wanted, which is why Dennison was brought in and we signed Spencer Long from Washington. He could never get it going the way they had hoped though, the OL wasn’t athletic enough for that run style. 

It didn't occur to me until recently.  Did you notice that HC wore facemask in good space from other faces but when he talked to another face in person he took facemask off. No penalty for that?  Not even talking in close range increases the chance of getting virus!

10 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Now this is very interesting. 

He was fired because and I quote “He had us playing like we were New Orleans” 

Ironically he was a last resort type hire as no one wanted the job. 

Smh

I think I know what one of Sam’s issue is. He’s looking at the pass rush. That’s why he’s missing open guys occasionally. He’s escaping or moving the pocket but not getting his eyes down the field fast enough. We really need to fix the interior of the line and get him comfortable. That will help him take that next step we all desire.