Around the League 2020

Bobby816

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Give me the dynamic offensive player. Games would be watchable at least if we scored some points. We put up JV football numbers on offense. Its sad.

TL OR FIELDS and a  WR playmaker and you won't be sad anymore. And that can be done in the 2021 draft,

1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

TL OR FIELDS and a  WR playmaker and you won't be sad anymore. And that can be done in the 2021 draft,

Not if we dont strengthen that interior OL. We really need to sign a good guard and draft one early and maybe hope McGovern doesnt completely suck either, because hes sucked.

8 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Not if we dont strengthen that interior OL. We really need to sign a good guard and draft one early and maybe hope McGovern doesnt completely suck either, because hes sucked.

NO question about that, the only problem is the Seahawks, have to stop winning. A top guard is also a top priority. We should have three picks in the first 33 overall picks in the draft,

Edited by doumeyer

3 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I hope we at least get to see Clarke play.  Who knows, maybe he can be a starter and we only have to address one iOL position in the offseason.

So I am watching a reply of the Dallas - Phi game. Man that Dallas run D is bad.  For the season, they are giving up over 5 yds per carry and over 170 rush yds per game. Teams are running more than they are passing against them.

I find it really incredible that a team with the #1 pass O and the #1 O overall has only 2 wins.  Good thing they play in the NFC East. What gives?

1 hour ago, xrade said:

So I am watching a reply of the Dallas - Phi game. Man that Dallas run D is bad.  For the season, they are giving up over 5 yds per carry and over 170 rush yds per game. Teams are running more than they are passing against them.

I find it really incredible that a team with the #1 pass O and the #1 O overall has only 2 wins.  Good thing they play in the NFC East. What gives?

The cowboys? Did you peep the lawn chairs they are starting at OL and the local paper boy who's playing QB for them?

11 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

The cowboys? Did you peep the lawn chairs they are starting at OL and the local paper boy who's playing QB for them?

And yet, somehow, they still lead the league in passing yards.  I fully expect that to drop because of QB injuries, most notably Dak.  But to have the highest passing yards and only have a record of 2-6 is incredible.  They have 3 really good staring WR.

Just now, xrade said:

And yet, somehow, they still lead the league in passing yards.  I fully expect that to drop because of QB injuries, most notably Dak.  But to have the highest passing yards and only have a record of 2-6 is incredible.  They have 3 really good staring WR.

With DAL they tied themselves so much into cap on the offensive side of the ball that they left the defense struggling. They didn't balance things at all. Them drafting offense year after year got them to a respectable team (that still couldn't get over the edge). But bc they drafted so well... they had to pay all these guys. And that left little to no money for defense. In reality they should have never drafted Lamb. Bc they didn't need him. They had one of the best passing games last year without him. They need help big time in the secondary as well as the interior of the DLine. Their pas rush and LBs are legit. But they need help elsewhere. They also we cant forget had to let Byron Jones walk bc they couldn't pay both him and Dak.

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

With DAL they tied themselves so much into cap on the offensive side of the ball that they left the defense struggling. They didn't balance things at all. Them drafting offense year after year got them to a respectable team (that still couldn't get over the edge). But bc they drafted so well... they had to pay all these guys. And that left little to no money for defense. In reality they should have never drafted Lamb. Bc they didn't need him. They had one of the best passing games last year without him. They need help big time in the secondary as well as the interior of the DLine. Their pas rush and LBs are legit. But they need help elsewhere. They also we cant forget had to let Byron Jones walk bc they couldn't pay both him and Dak.

Agreed.  And do not forget the negative impact Mike Nolan is having on the D.  With essentially the same players, Nolan's scheme is a miserable failure.  Sound familiar?  Nolan, the gase of defense.

Obviously, my initial post was meant to be a transparent attempt to point out that even with a great offense with great WR, having a capable D, including the front 4, is required for winning FB games in this league.  And, as you state, their pass rush is pretty good, but if a defense is giving up 5 yards per carry and 170 yards per game, the pass rush is negated.  A team still needs good iDL.  Not JAGS.

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Very impressed with how Justin Herbert can climb in the pocket when there is pressure and keep his head down field.  Too bad Sam is shot and crumbles.

Sams has absolutely no feel for the game. His awareness is frighteningly bad.