Around the League 2020

Bobby816

4 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

😲

I wonder how that would work with Gase though.

Maybe I wasn't paying much attention to the draft or the Jets that year but I feel like Mahomes wasn't highly regarded.

He was the "has all the tools, but needs to sit" guy. Like everyone knew he had a cannon and could make plays with his feet, but no one trusted the offense he was coming out of. Going to KC was a blessing because he was able to sit and learn from a smart QB like Alex Smith and with a QB/Offensive Wizard like Andy Reid.

56 minutes ago, xrade said:

Didn't Howie Roseman select JJ over DK?  I am not sure how much JD had to do with that.

45 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

JD wasn’t GM in Philly

In 2017-2019 drafts, JD held larger role in selecting prospects. That time Eagles were kind of "complete" team and needed to stock up with youngsters for back up roles and future opportunities.   Just think JD as a lite GM for Eagles.   JJ suffered broken foot and had not made any good showcase for Eagles so far.

9 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

😲

Maybe I wasn't paying much attention to the draft or the Jets that year but I feel like Mahomes wasn't highly regarded.

I don't remember either.   Watson was more popular but Mahomes was taken 2 spots before Watson. 

14 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

He was the "has all the tools, but needs to sit" guy. Like everyone knew he had a cannon and could make plays with his feet, but no one trusted the offense he was coming out of. Going to KC was a blessing because he was able to sit and learn from a smart QB like Alex Smith and with a QB/Offensive Wizard like Andy Reid.

Mitch the one year wonder has similar skill set and offense. He went 2nd.  Watson with 3 year starter (2 1/2 due to injury) went 12th.

Amazing, isn't it?

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

😲

lol With Gase? Obviously we wouldn't have plays designed for him. Berrios would get more targets. 

I didn't realize that BB, Carroll and Arians are in range of close to 70 years old.    Carroll and Arians' teams are playoff bound. Dunno if they would retire after winning SB.  BB could be done as Patriots would begin to rebuild the regime.

New faces are coming.

Giants lost a tough game against Tampa bay. Giants QB Jones is head and shoulders better than Darnold. Jones still has INT problems, but he can more the ball up and down the field,  he is only in his second year. Jones can only get better, I don't know if Darnold will ever improve.

1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

Giants lost a tough game against Tampa bay. Giants QB Jones is head and shoulders better than Darnold. Jones still has INT problems, but he can more the ball up and down the field,  he is only in his second year. Jones can only get better, I don't know if Darnold will ever improve.

I'm not sure how you watched that game and thought jones was head and shoulders better than Darnold. The kid threw two picks and had like three others dropped. He routinely missed wrs badly too. The td to set up the two point play was great, but then he completely flubbed the 2pt play too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drew39k said:

I'm not sure how you watched that game and thought jones was head and shoulders better than Darnold. The kid threw two picks and had like three others dropped. He routinely missed wrs badly too. The td to set up the two point play was great, but then he completely flubbed the 2pt play too.

The thing is he goes deep and he made some long third and longs which Darnold never does. Maybe I am wrong but Darnold looks lost. But his receiver are much better than the ones we put our on the field.

6 hours ago, drew39k said:

Ya he looked bad. They’re in the same situation as us. If you have the chance to draft TLaw or Fields, you have to do it. If not than you have to do what you can to make Jones work (ie draft Sewell or Chase)

25 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya he looked bad. They’re in the same situation as us. If you have the chance to draft TLaw or Fields, you have to do it. If not than you have to do what you can to make Jones work (ie draft Sewell or Chase)

The Giants coaching staff did a great job, I though the game was going to be over by the middle of the second quarter. The Giant offensive keep  making third & fourth down plays to keep drives going till the very end of the game And their front four was impossible to run on. The big different between the Jets & Giants like always the Giants, for years have had outstanding wide receivers going back to Victor Cruz  & Hakeem Nicks. We just don't draft wide receivers . And next year they will have Barkley back.

Edited by doumeyer

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I may have to rethink the Giants selecting Sewell or Chase.  I thought they would give Danny Pennies at least another year.  Now there is talking of a benching.  Watching the first half last night, he was terribly inaccurate on passes over 20 yards and his decision making is Darnold-like.  The pass to Slayton in the endzone where he threw it 3 yards past him looked like Sam throwing to Smith on Sunday.  The WR had two steps on the DB and the QB just blew it.

The rest of the team looks like they can compete, at least against lesser teams.  I still another win or two from the jints.

Lawrence and Fields both coming to New York & then meeting in a Super Bowl would be crazy. 

I was talking to a co-worker about Lawrence being in New York and reaching his potential. Kid would make 500M on his second contract if he's legit plus endorsements, he'd be the first Billion dollar NFL Quarterback.

• Like 2