Around the League 2020

Bobby816

On 10/31/2020 at 9:19 AM, Dr.O said:

Fields is right up there man he’s a game changer  just a slight notch below Lawrence

Whole bucket of nope right here... 

I cannot stand this take.  Fields isn't any better than Darnold. 

At first people were like, if you have a shot at TLaw you have to take him because he is generational.... now typical of nearly every single draft cycle ever, your standard QB prospects are getting talked way up. 

If you want to argue the need to take a generational guy, sure fine. I wont agree but there is a sound arguement. But to talk about just your standard overhyped qb heading into the draft...nah, those guys are available every year. If that's the route you want to go, then you keep Darnold and draft weapons and offensive lineman. This way if Darbold fails again, the guy you are drafting at the top of next year's draft( who will have just as much hope as fields) will have talent around him and a chance to succeed. If you put fields in this offense you are just going to break him like Darnold smith and sanchez...

7 minutes ago, drew39k said:

At first people were like, if you have a shot at TLaw you have to take him because he is generational.... now typical of nearly every single draft cycle ever, your standard QB prospects are getting talked way up. 

If you want to argue the need to take a generational guy, sure fine. I wont agree but there is a sound arguement. But to talk about just your standard overhyped qb heading into the draft...nah, those guys are available every year. If that's the route you want to go, then you keep Darnold and draft weapons and offensive lineman. This way if Darbold fails again, the guy you are drafting at the top of next year's draft( who will have just as much hope as fields) will have talent around him and a chance to succeed. If you put fields in this offense you are just going to break him like Darnold smith and sanchez...

I'm sorry but in the Mayfield, Darnold, Allen draft Fields goes number 1 hands down.

7 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Fields is better than Darnold. This isn’t me hyping up fields because of the narrative of Lawrence possibly going back or refusing to play for us. This is me watching an elite QB prospect play and forming an evaluation on him.

10 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Fields is better than Darnold. This isn’t me hyping up fields because of the narrative of Lawrence possibly going back or refusing to play for us. This is me watching an elite QB prospect play and forming an evaluation on him.

I agree it sure looks like Fields is the real deal. Another plus about Fields is a real strong guy, to go along with a strong arm and is very accurate.

The decision to bench Fitz and go with Tua still puzzles me a bit.

They got away with it this week (assuming their goal is still to win games) but Tua was the worst part of the Dolphins against the Rams. The defense was crushing and the special teams scored too. Tua was just "there" at best. At worst he had their offense looking like ours.

He's obviously the future, but given that New England suck (and it feels great to be able to say that truthfully) I'd have thought they'd want to give it their best shot to go for the division. The Bills are good, but far from great. And Fitz has been playing well more often than not.

21 minutes ago, TheChad said:

The decision to bench Fitz and go with Tua still puzzles me a bit.

They got away with it this week (assuming their goal is still to win games) but Tua was the worst part of the Dolphins against the Rams. The defense was crushing and the special teams scored too. Tua was just "there" at best. At worst he had their offense looking like ours.

He's obviously the future, but given that New England suck (and it feels great to be able to say that truthfully) I'd have thought they'd want to give it their best shot to go for the division. The Bills are good, but far from great. And Fitz has been playing well more often than not.

I though the same thing last night, Tua, had only 90 yards passing they are Darnold numbers.

45 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Just here for my weekly reminder that I was right about DK. And that me wanting him at 3 wasn't ridiculous. 

Joe Douglas and his superior group picked JJ Arcega-Whiteside over DK.

Every time you bring it up I think poorly of JD.🤥

Edited by JetsandI

58 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Joe Douglas and his superior group picked JJ Arcega-Whiteside over DK.

Every time you bring it up I think poorly of JD.🤥

Didn't Howie Roseman select JJ over DK?  I am not sure how much JD had to do with that.