Around the League 2020

Bobby816

Would it not be wise to trade Sam away in the next couple of weeks to a qb needy team that may give up their 1st?! 

I know people have said if we miss out on T-Law then we won’t have a qb but being realistic there’s no way JD “really” believes in Sam otherwise he would surely of surrounded him with more talent this offseason. 

My worry is if we do then end up with the #1 pick and go T-Taw what do we do with Sam then?! Can’t be giving him away for a second round pick like the rumours floating around have said. Sam should be going for a 1st without a doubt. 

Edited by xenajets

3 hours ago, xenajets said:

Would it not be wise to trade Sam away in the next couple of weeks to a qb needy team that may give up their 1st?! 

I know people have said if we miss out on T-Law then we won’t have a qb but being realistic there’s no way JD “really” believes in Sam otherwise he would surely of surrounded him with more talent this offseason. 

My worry is if we do then end up with the #1 pick and go T-Taw what do we do with Sam then?! Can’t be giving him away for a second round pick like the rumours floating around have said. Sam should be going for a 1st without a doubt. 

There's pretty much 1 team and 1 team only that could use him right now. And that's Dallas. And I don't think they're going to be giving up a 1st for him when they have Dak (who I think they'll still resign to a good contract in the offseason). Everyone else doesn't need him right now. They will after the season is over bc of aging QBs (Pitt, NO, ATL, etc). Also it might be better for us to know the exact pick of our trade partner. Its not as if I think we'd get ore for him now than we will after the season. Even if Darnold continues to struggle, it will still be looked at as more on Gase and whats around him, more so than Darnold being the issue. I think we an get a early 2nd (possibly really late 1st) and later mid rounder for him when it's said and done. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xenajets said:

Sam has shown nothing to guarantee netting a 1.

Take the 2 and move on.

I wonder what public would think of BB when Buccaneers won SB?   I would recognize 2 or 3 true SBs for BB.   First 2 were truly teamwork. Another one was because BB accepted to be an outcast of an old school philosophy offensively.  Now I am not sure about video-aids.

I'm not worried about this team winning. The Bills game was the last time We're not going to lose by double digits. Even if we fired Gase and the interm coach was a better play caller, he would have to bring life back into the locker room in order for us to even have a chance.  

I hate tanking because the great organizations never have to do it even when they're down.  They just know how to draft from where they are and find coaches. But I think this whole team from top to bottom is dead and waiting for next year. If they cared about saving the season,  they would have made changes weeks ago or traded for someone that could help now. I'm hoping Lawrence would be happy to join and we make this the last team we tank on purpose.  

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm not worried about this team winning. The Bills game was the last time We're not going to lose by double digits. Even if we fired Gase and the interm coach was a better play caller, he would have to bring life back into the locker room in order for us to even have a chance.  

I hate tanking because the great organizations never have to do it even when they're down.  They just know how to draft from where they are and find coaches. But I think this whole team from top to bottom is dead and waiting for next year. If they cared about saving the season,  they would have made changes weeks ago or traded for someone that could help now. I'm hoping Lawrence would be happy to join and we make this the last team we tank on purpose.  

The only time we should tank is the last game of the season if we still have a one game lead for the top pick in the draft. I also hate the idea of any pro team tanking. How ever if we have a chance to draft T L I will but my morals aside  for one game. I think we play New England the last game of the season how ironic would it be if the Pats tank the last game of the season and we beat them and lose the first pick in the draft. I would not shock me at all if Bill Belichick would pull a stunt like tanking just to keep the Jets from getting TL.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

The only time we should tank is the last game of the season if we still have a one game lead for the top pick in the draft. I also hate the idea of any pro team tanking. How ever if we have a chance to draft T L I will but my morals aside  for one game. I think we play New England the last game of the season how ironic would it be if the Pats tank the last game of the season and we beat them and lose the first pick in the draft. I would not shock me at all if Bill Belichick would pull a stunt like tanking just to keep the Jets from getting TL.

I think Peyton Manning & BB have a plan to mess with the Jets. If BB can't stop the tank, then Peyton will talk Lawrence into pulling a Eli. lol 

But seriously, I'm at the point where I don't care anymore. This is really my last HC/GM combo I'm dealing with as a jets fan. Tired of us tanking and rebuilding every year while the better franchise makes moves during the season to get better. I'm really hoping we make the right decision at HC & QB this time. They just have to figure it out no matter where we land in the draft. 

On 10/27/2020 at 3:56 AM, xenajets said:

Better to have both in hand than neither. You do not get rid of Darnold until Lawrence is a Jet.