Around the League 2020

Bobby816

14 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya it’s one thing to just draft awful like us. But they actually drafted great. And still tore it down. Too cheap to just pay their players.

That’s what makes me laugh when people say T-Law would bail back to school if we get the #1 pick but if the Jaguars get it then why the hell would he want to go there (minus the weather) 

8 hours ago, xenajets said:

That’s what makes me laugh when people say T-Law would bail back to school if we get the #1 pick but if the Jaguars get it then why the hell would he want to go there (minus the weather) 

IMO I think TLaw would love to come to NY. Big market. Valuable draft assets and cap space. It’s also a challenge. Competitors like a challenge. And I think he’s that. For me there’s no complain to that of Elway or Eli. Eli in fact was forcing his way TO NY. And Elway didn’t want to go to Indy for several reason.

TLaw stands a better chance if goodbye back to school IMO if JAX gets the 1st pick more so than if we do.

3 minutes ago, TheChad said:

I saw in the Bears-Vikings game that our man Leon Washington is tied at #1 for all-time kickoff return touchdowns. Good for him.

Man I loved Leon. Remember that season with Favre...Leon looked unreal. Shame we don’t have weapons like him now really. Very exciting. Same with Brad Smith and other guys like that.  

7 hours ago, xenajets said:

Man I loved Leon. Remember that season with Favre...Leon looked unreal. Shame we don’t have weapons like him now really. Very exciting. Same with Brad Smith and other guys like that.  

Tannenbaum was good until we had a few bad contracts and too many short term trades.  Once the OL, Thomas Jones, Holmes, Dougie Edwards slowed down Sanchez turned into a bum.

I still think him and Rex just missed out on being long term solutions here.

54 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Tannenbaum was good until we had a few bad contracts and too many short term trades.  Once the OL, Thomas Jones, Holmes, Dougie Edwards slowed down Sanchez turned into a bum.

Those teams were built during that weird 2 year stretch of salary cap flexibility, the Redskins and Cowboys actually got in trouble for circumventing the cap during that team. 

Losing Mangini hurt our ability to draft, Rex was a better coach but him and Tanny couldn't draft to save their lives.

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

2013 is when I think this franchise took a turn for the worse in recent memory. The fact that that team went 8-8 with age I at QB and literally nothing around him. I think made this franchise think that you don’t need offense and weapons to win. This was in a time when the league was changing and catering to offenses. And we’ve never adapted. The closest we came was when we signed Decker and trade for Marshall. But since those years we had Braylon, Holmes and Cotchery at WR... we haven’t been able to field a good group of WRs for our QB with laying power. Every time this team has been good. We’ve had 2-3 good WRs. We need to get back to that. Help out whoever is at QB. Obviously OL and a running game are big too. But you need to help out your QB

This Bak deal by the Packers could be good news for us. Pretty much guarantees Corey Linsley will hit FA. Back up the Brinks truck. Getting him will not only solidify the center spot, but allow McGovern to move to RG. 

Edited by SDotNova

4 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Those teams were built during that weird 2 year stretch of salary cap flexibility, the Redskins and Cowboys actually got in trouble for circumventing the cap during that team. 

Losing Mangini hurt our ability to draft, Rex was a better coach but him and Tanny couldn't draft to save their lives.

They weren't the worst but they definitely messed up with Kyle Wilson, QueCeasar and Stephen Hill.  The bad part was ignoring the offense in the draft.