Madden 21

4 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Nope, now the biggest change will be having a 17 game franchise mode, since that’s what’s happening irl. It’ll be the biggest new feature 

Ugh. You're right. They'll say they didn't have any time to fix franchise. 

Then next year when Washington is no longer the "Football Team" they can use that excuse too.

By 2023, I'm guessing we go to 18 games.

Best bet might be to hold off until 2024.

I went from a PS2/Madden 05 to Xbox S/Madden 20, then Madden 21

I got my Xbox S in late Jan. Got Madden 20 on gamepass ultimate at that time, and swapped it for Madden 21 on gamepass ultimate today.

A 15 year jump is huge and i really love the graphics. The presentation almost feels like an actual televised NFL game. Its also nice to actually play with current players & teams. Playbooks/plays are more current (obviously), you could actually run a jet sweep for example. And maybe it was me, but i could never hit a 50+ yard FG in Madden 05, kickers never had the strength, but thats not an issue in 20 or 21. I also didn't do online gaming when i had my PS2 but i do now, so its nice to play online against friends/randoms. 

I am dissapointed in the franchise mode though. Madden 05's franchise mode was better. It just felt easier to navigate the cap, the players, etc. You could also play any random game on the schedule. There's also nostalgia factor for 05, like playing with the San Diego Chargers with Drew Brees/Ladanian Tomlinson, or the St. Louis Rams, or playing with guys like Bernard Berrian, Gary Brackett, Nate Clements, etc. And the Tony Bruno show was amazing.

So since i'm doing a 15 year timejump, i guess i don't have the same criticisms as those who keep up with the game on a yearly basis. I do enjoy the actual gameplay and its all a huge step up for someone coming back into it from 15 years ago. But even saying that, the franchise mode is a big dissappointment. Think i'll just stick to online madden games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

I went from a PS2/Madden 05 to Xbox S/Madden 20, then Madden 21

I got my Xbox S in late Jan. Got Madden 20 on gamepass ultimate at that time, and swapped it for Madden 21 on gamepass ultimate today.

A 15 year jump is huge and i really love the graphics. The presentation almost feels like an actual televised NFL game. Its also nice to actually play with current players & teams. Playbooks/plays are more current (obviously), you could actually run a jet sweep for example. And maybe it was me, but i could never hit a 50+ yard FG in Madden 05, kickers never had the strength, but thats not an issue in 20 or 21. I also didn't do online gaming when i had my PS2 but i do now, so its nice to play online against friends/randoms. 

I am dissapointed in the franchise mode though. Madden 05's franchise mode was better. It just felt easier to navigate the cap, the players, etc. You could also play any random game on the schedule. There's also nostalgia factor for 05, like playing with the San Diego Chargers with Drew Brees/Ladanian Tomlinson, or the St. Louis Rams, or playing with guys like Bernard Berrian, Gary Brackett, Nate Clements, etc. And the Tony Bruno show was amazing.

So since i'm doing a 15 year timejump, i guess i don't have the same criticisms as those who keep up with the game on a yearly basis. I do enjoy the actual gameplay and its all a huge step up for someone coming back into it from 15 years ago. But even saying that, the franchise mode is a big dissappointment. Think i'll just stick to online madden games.

Don't worry, when you get to a Series X or a PS5, the jump to that level will make you hate it again. They really screwed up the gameplay on PS5 to hte point I've uninstalled the game.

• Like 1

March update has a ton of improvements to trade logic, which is good.

But in the video today it showed a screen in the background, which is assumed to be Madden 22, with Offensive and Defensive Coordinator info on it. Looks like that will finally be in Madden (again). I never played a Madden with them so this is good news for me.

Here is the photo

r/Madden - Coordinators leaked for madden 22!

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

On 3/3/2021 at 4:13 PM, August4th said:

sometimes social media bullying can be useful. I doubt they do this stuff without that backlash and I hope the community stays on their Necks 

I dont know if Id call it bullying.   They lied about fixing franchise mode and did nothing with it and got roasted for it....deservedly.

This is a huge step to me possibly buying the game, but Ill wait to see other features and if the coaching staffs have a significant impact on your team...as they should.   If coaches continue to not really matter and this is just window dressing,  then why even bother?

• Like 2

Yeah, calling it bullying when the company has released roster updates for 5 years and charged 60 dollars for it...

Then charging 90 dollars for some Hall of Fame version each year.

Then making billions off of teenagers memorizing their parents credit card number or storing it on their PS4/Xbox and taking 10 dollars out at a time hoping their parents don't notice.

Don't call it bullying, call it aggressive reviewing. 

**** EA. 

They've been holding onto offensive and defensive coordinators for 10 years for the time people finally had enough of their bull****, so they're going to put coordinators in and bring back all the things they've already had in the game 14 years ago (14 ****ing years ago!) and call it revolutionary. 

The game will still suck.  They still will not fix simulation stats.  It's still going to suck. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, calling it bullying when the company has released roster updates for 5 years and charged 60 dollars for it...

Then charging 90 dollars for some Hall of Fame version each year.

Then making billions off of teenagers memorizing their parents credit card number or storing it on their PS4/Xbox and taking 10 dollars out at a time hoping their parents don't notice.

Don't call it bullying, call it aggressive reviewing. 

**** EA. 

They've been holding onto offensive and defensive coordinators for 10 years for the time people finally had enough of their bull****, so they're going to put coordinators in and bring back all the things they've already had in the game 14 years ago (14 ****ing years ago!) and call it revolutionary. 

The game will still suck.  They still will not fix simulation stats.  It's still going to suck. 

Its sad how bad simming is.   I dont need things to be perfect, but its absolutely ridiculous how often you see things like mediocre backup caliber QBs put up elite QB numbers while elite QBs will put up terrible numbers several seasons in a row.   Or how poorly team ratings dont matter when simming games.

Thats really the issue, the ratings dont matter much outside of a few, and its even worse when simming.

The only thing that matters to them is Ultimate Team because that's how they continue making money post-purchase. I don't blame them. Tons of other sports games are also like that.

Offline franchise modes don't make them money post-purchase.

59 minutes ago, showtime said:

The only thing that matters to them is Ultimate Team because that's how they continue making money post-purchase. I don't blame them. Tons of other sports games are also like that.

They dont even improve MUT much, though.  They just exploit gullible people and dont improve the game in other ways.    Game makes billions and it hasnt made a huge jump in any facet of the game outside of graphics in well over a decade.

The NFL and EA are both scum.   They pretty monopolized videogame football, and they exploit it every chance they get. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, showtime said:

They make enough money to have a huge department of programmers for both modes. More than enough money. Stop making excuses for EA like you always do. They are a notorious lazy company, and you would definitely be in the minority if you think otherwise regardless of what forum or real-life event you venture to. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

They make enough money to have a huge department of programmers for both modes. More than enough money. Stop making excuses for EA like you always do. They are a notorious lazy company, and you would definitely be in the minority if you think otherwise regardless of what forum or real-life event you venture to. 

Huh? I make excuses? I don't really play Madden anymore. I bought the PS5 version of the game because it was new and half off. Outside of that, I hadn't bought Madden in like 2 years. Not sure how I'm always making excuses for them.

Personally, I don't care about offline modes. Never have and never will. I only play sports games online, so I don't care if franchise mode is good or not.

I guess just because I don't come in here and bash the game non stop I'm making excuses for them lol

Also, I never said they don't have enough resources to improve the game. I'm saying there's not much incentive for them to pour resources into improving a game mode that gives them $0 post purchase.

Anyone who plays offline franchise mode buys the game and then does not spend on it anymore after that. That's why they mainly focus on Ultimate Team. It's the same reason why 2K focuses on MyPlayer and MyTeam aka the modes that people continue to spend money on after they purchase the game.

2K has ignored MyGM offline because there is no option to spend money on the game mode.

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

Huh? I make excuses? I don't really play Madden anymore. I bought the PS5 version of the game because it was new and half off. Outside of that, I hadn't bought Madden in like 2 years. Not sure how I'm always making excuses for them.

Personally, I don't care about offline modes. Never have and never will. I only play sports games online, so I don't care if franchise mode is good or not.

I guess just because I don't come in here and bash the game non stop I'm making excuses for them lol

No, you act like they don’t need to focus on offline modes because you associate it with your own style and justify it. These horrid reviews Madden keeps getting that are like 0.1/10 on all user review websites, are because they ignore these modes. There is probably just as many offline mode players as MUT players. And it’d be in EA’s interest to keep all of their purchasers happy, otherwise as soon as they don’t have the exclusive license, they will be toast.