News out of Washington

ET80

13 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

simple, If the league loses some credibility ( early speculation as of now but certainly very possible) then future league revenue goes down (TV contracts and viewing etc..) the cap goes down. MaHomes takes and even bigger chunk of KC's cap space..

Won't happen.

People won't stop watching the MLB cause the Astros cheated, people won't stop watching the NFL because Kaep kneeled, why would they all of a sudden say "Oh I'm not watching this anymore!" in say, Houston, when the issue is in Washington?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Drained said:

Scandals in NFL history that are close to this if its true?

If the paying off the refs thing is true, I think it instantly becomes the biggest in nfl history and one of the biggest in sports history. I can't think of a scandal in the NFL's history that rivals the likes of the Black Sox in baseball or the NCAA point shaving scandal. Can anyone think of something? 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Drained said:

Won't happen.

People won't stop watching the MLB cause the Astros cheated, people won't stop watching the NFL because Kaep kneeled, why would they all of a sudden say "Oh I'm not watching this anymore!" in say, Houston, when the issue is in Washington?

I think the implication here would be that if refs were taking bribes from Washington than it is conceivable and even likely they are taking bribes elsewhere as well., 

3 hours ago, dcat said:
  • According to insiders and anonymous Washington Post employees, the article will allege that:

Dan Snyder abuses drugs and alcohol
Snyder paid off refs. Some refs have made $2 million from him. And Snyder is not the only team owner paying off refs. Others do it too.
Snyder and former Redskins coach Jay Gruden, brother of Jon Gruden, pimped out their cheerleaders to season ticket holders while holding their passports from them in a foreign country
Jay Gruden and then Redskins running back Kapri Bibbs were sleeping with the same woman. When Jay found out, he got petty and benched Bibbs. During that game when Bibbs was on the bench, Bibbs' replacement missed a block and that resulted in quarterback Alex Smith suffering a broken leg. Alex hasn't been able to play football ever since
Snyder and Gruden would hold sex parties with rampant drug usage and some sexual assaults
Snyder held nude photoshoots with the the Redskins cheerleaders
Lawyers are already involved, and possibly the FBI”

Lets just make this the sports news of a lifetime and find out that Kraft is one of the "others do it too" and have the Pats vacate 6 superbowls.

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

If the paying off the refs thing is true, I think it instantly becomes the biggest in nfl history and one of the biggest in sports history. I can't think of a scandal in the NFL's history that rivals the likes of the Black Sox in baseball or the NCAA point shaving scandal. Can anyone think of something? 

As an Astros fan, I welcome the Nationals' brothers into the eye of the storm.

They SHOULD have banged trash cans...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

Washington Amazons?

Logo/Mascot is a huge chick with hairy legs and armpits?

Washington Amazons does sound good, but could you imagine all of the annoying opposing fans when they win against that team? Especially if it's a female logo?

"LMAO WE ****ED THAT ***** IN THE *** BRO!!!"