2020 MLB Gameday Thread

Eagles27

The Orioles #3 hitter is 4-4 with a double and an RBI today.  That player is Jose Iglesias.  

Corey Kluber left his start today after one inning with an injury. 

Dylan Bundy did well against the Athletics yesterday.  Him being paired with Mickey Callaway, along with a pretty good defensive left side and center fielder, could be signs of him cashing in on his potential.  Also going to be watching Ohtani pitch today. 

1 hour ago, Spartica4Real said:

Annnnnd RIP the Astros season

38 years old and might need Tommy John.... I think he'll at least try and come back and not go out to an injury but this might be it for his career.

Expanded playoffs. Theyll still make it. Hell, they can make a trade if they want. They have the system.

2 hours ago, Slateman said:

Expanded playoffs. Theyll still make it. Hell, they can make a trade if they want. They have the system.

By RIP the Astros' season I meant their chances at a title. That said, JV himself just refuted the report that he's done for the season and it's a forearm strain which should "only" take a few weeks. Still a large chunk of this shortened season but we can easily make the playoffs and he'll be back by then. Optimistic take is he'll be fresh as hell come playoff time. 

3 hours ago, Slateman said:

I don't think they have enough prospects to move for a pitcher who can provide 3/4's of the impact that Verlander would have for them, especially come playoff time.  They are a bottom five system after they cleared out a lot of high level talent in the Greinke trade.