Rate My Team Thread 2020 Edition

naptownskinsfan

11 hours ago, VIKINGS101011 said:

I don't really feel to good about this one. 10 team standard scoring, 2 Keepers. I didn't draft to great last year so I had to keep Mahomes along with Saquon.

QB: Mahomes

RB: Saquon, David Johnson, Ronald Jones, Zach Moss, Marlon Mack, Damien Harris, Chase Edmunds

WR: Beckham Jr, Tyler Boyd, Stephon Diggs, Diontae Johnson, Jalen Reagor

TE: Kelce

D/ST: Patriots

K: Dan Bailey

I had the 5th pick after 2 keepers for each team. after CEH (Who went 1st) the next group of RB's available was Fournette, Carson, Gurley, David Johnson. After taking Ronald Jones with my 4th pick all the RB's were pretty much gone. 

My knowledge of smaller teams is less but for starters having Mahomes-Saquon-Kelce is a great trio right? OBJ is due to improve on his 2019 numbers too but I think you lack a #2 WR you'd be comfortable with in a league that small. Rojo/DJ are also someone I'd be concerned with starting every week right out of the gate just because of health/opportunity. To me those 2 and Boyd/Diggs are more flex options for week 1 with potential to be your #2. 

With that said, you have the best TE in the game and his QB so the stacking of points could be huge for you. I think your best hope is DJ stays healthy long enough  to produce while you figure out if you can trust Rojo and roll with Boyd for the Bengals playing catchup. 

Probably not a top-3 team but the path to victory is there and not far off the beaten path

9 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Thoughts on my auction team?  12 team, .5 PPR

QB: Carson Wentz
RB: Saquon Barkley
RB: Miles Sanders
WR: Kenny Golladay
WR: Calvin Ridley
TE: Blake Jarwin
Flex: A.J. Brown
BN: DJ Chark
BN: Boston Scott
BN: Alan Lazard
BN: Matt Stafford
BN: T.J. Hockenson
BN: Jalen Reagor
BN: Jonathan Taylor

Pretty happy overall but could have upgraded Taylor or Brown/Ridley to Aaron Jones or Godwin pretty easily at the expense of Chark.  Just didn't pull the trigger on either when I should have.  

I love auctions and its so difficult to manage the money correctly. 

I think you absolutely killed it. Barkley/Sanders probably cost close to half your budget then Ridley/Kenny maybe another 20%. I'm guessing everyone on your bench is a $1 buy and that might be the right strategy

You have 2 #1 RBs and 4 Top-25 WRs which is GREAT for a 12 team league. 

Well done

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The LBC said:

Just wrapped the auction draft for my Triple Crown League (even though we're doing a hard reboot coming up where we wipe keepers after this season and formally start our Triple Crown season with next season's fantasy basketball).  Either way, I had Lamar Jackson and Michael Thomas as cheap keepers (have had Thomas since his rookie year - so even with $5 per additional year kept charge he ran me $13, rolled the dice with confidence on Lamar last season in the auction draft at $9 and he rewarded me).  So given the amount of QB's that were kept in this league (for some reason, I guess because they were cheap), I went in with the strategy I was going HARD at what remained of the Top 12 RB's on my board (McCaffrey, Cook, Jones were all kept).  I don't love my WR depth, but this league is only 2 RB, 2 WR, and a FLEX, so I can work with it.  Reagor's going straight to the IR slot, so I can pick up additional depth and work from there.

14-team, 0.5pt PPR, 4pt passing TD league

QB: Lamar Jackson
RB: Clyde Edwards-Helaire
RB: Nick Chubb
WR: Michael Thomas
WR: DJ Chark
TE: Blake Jarwin
FLEX: AJ Green
DEF: Vikings
K: Zane Gonzalez

Bench: James White, Golden Tate, Latavius Murray, Jalen Reagor

When I move Reagor to the IR, I'm likely going to take a flier on Bryan Edwards just due to the upside, even though I don't love carrying multiple rookie WR's.  

You have 3 1st round picks or at the very least 3 Top-15 players AND the #1 QB in fantasy. Throw in DJ Chark who is a Top-20 WR imo which makes for a good #2 in a league of your size. 

I think you've got a great team. I dont love Green and Jarwin in starting spots but in leagues that size there will be holes and you have some solid bench options

14 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

12 team Non-PPR picked 8th

QB: Daniel Jones, Josh Allen

RB: Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Miles Sanders, Ronald Jones, David Montgomery, Darrell Henderson

WR: Allen Robinson, Odell Beckham Jr, Tyler Boyd, Preston Williams, Breshad Perriman, Allen Lazard

TE: Tyler Higbee

The draft started out as expected although 6 RBs and Mahomes taken, so I stayed the course and took CEH.

I fully expected to take Travis Kelce round 2 or Mixon/Ekeler/Jones/Drake but Miles Sanders unexpectedly fell to pick 17! Easy decision

Round 3 I expected to take Calvin Ridley or Chris Carson at pick 32, both were gone and surprisingly enough A-Rob was still available who I had higher than both anyways

Round 4 was the last of the obvious decisions. OBJ was BPA pretty significantly and I was surprised he was there at 41

The rest of the draft wasn't as exciting. I feel like I went with high-potential RB/WRs. I was so close to getting Mark Andrews and after he was gone I waited a while and got Higbee later

Whenever I wanted to pull the trigger on a QB, they were taken. I drafted the 14th and 17th QBs

I like this team a lot, I agree the RB-RB punch really set you up to not reach! Not job being patient and pulling in Higbee late!

Edited by TheGreatZepp

3 minutes ago, TheGreatZepp said:

I like this team a lot, I agree the RB-RB punch really set you up to not reach! Not job bei Nd patient and pulling in Higbee late!

Thanks! Just like with QB, I wanted to pull the trigger on a TE but once the Top-4 were gone I just kept loading up on RB/WR options. Didnt want to reach on them, I think Higbee has good upside

On 8/27/2020 at 2:22 PM, Motion said:

I'am planning on RB/RB every draft this year except my keeper league which I will have Chubb as my keeper. Dont think i have ever done rb/rb before

I’ve done it for the last 5 years and it has worked out pretty good, last year I got burned at QB and TE thanks to early runs on those positions and some RB’s I couldnt pass up being left on the board. Last year I ended up with 4 RB’s in the 1st 6 rounds so be wary of that! (McCaffrey, Ekeler, Henry and Carson and not in that order) With the WR Depth I’d definitely go Rb-Rb again. Still it’s very hard to pass up a RB 1-2 in rounds 5-6 regardless of who you already drafted.

41 minutes ago, TheGreatZepp said:

I’ve done it for the last 5 years and it has worked out pretty good, last year I got burned at QB and TE thanks to early runs on those positions and some RB’s I couldnt pass up being left on the board. Last year I ended up with 4 RB’s in the 1st 6 rounds so be wary of that! (McCaffrey, Ekeler, Henry and Carson and not in that order) With the WR Depth I’d definitely go Rb-Rb again. Still it’s very hard to pass up a RB 1-2 in rounds 5-6 regardless of who you already drafted.

I dont think drafting 4 RBs in 6 rounds is a bad thing at all. I did that this year with no regrets. I took what was given to me. None of those rounds was there a QB I wanted at the pick I had that wasn't already drafted and same thing for TE and WR isnt a position you fill simply to fill out a starting spot. Now I drafted ones in round 3 & 4 so I have good ones, I was just lucky enough that BPA was RB-RB the next 2 rounds but RB is so weak later on that getting 4 and loading up on high-potential WRs and then your QB/TE isnt a bad way to go if you can swing it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I dont think drafting 4 RBs in 6 rounds is a bad thing at all. I did that this year with no regrets. I took what was given to me. None of those rounds was there a QB I wanted at the pick I had that wasn't already drafted and same thing for TE and WR isnt a position you fill simply to fill out a starting spot. Now I drafted ones in round 3 & 4 so I have good ones, I was just lucky enough that BPA was RB-RB the next 2 rounds but RB is so weak later on that getting 4 and loading up on high-potential WRs and then your QB/TE isnt a bad way to go if you can swing it

Yeah I got Chubb/Drake/Gordon. Never thought I'd get Gordon in R4 but like Jag mentioned, RB depth is so nasty that I just had to.

I've even entertain trade offers for Gordon but man that would leave me with only Zack Moss as a viable backup and at the moment, we just don't know how Buffalo is going to use him with Singletary.

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

You have 3 1st round picks or at the very least 3 Top-15 players AND the #1 QB in fantasy. Throw in DJ Chark who is a Top-20 WR imo which makes for a good #2 in a league of your size. 

I think you've got a great team. I dont love Green and Jarwin in starting spots but in leagues that size there will be holes and you have some solid bench options

In order to stay fluid, I went in with the strategy of accepting I was only going to spend, at most, $2 on TE unless there was a phenomenal value to be had on (pretty specifically, because I love his PPR value even if I expect some TD regression to the mean) Darren Waller.  I got sniped by $1 for Mike Gesicki.  I'm fine with Jarwin.  Though, ultimately, in leagues like this, because I don't like the idea of rostering two TE's, if I don't have one of the top guys (and I wasn't paying for one), I generally expect to stream the position or at least to finish the season with a different TE than I started with.

I'll honestly be keeping my eye on Indy's TE's, several of which are banged up right now, purely for the Rivers factor.  I've also got a hard watch on Dan Arnold in Arizona, who closed last season really well.

• Like 1

Just finished a PPR draft from the 12th pick. We start 2 Flex

QB- Matthew Stafford (11)

RB- Josh Jacobs(1)/Miles Sanders(2)/Kareem Hunt(6)/D'Andre Swift(7)/Kerryon Johnson (9)/Damien Harris(10)

WR- Amari Cooper(4)/Keenan Allen(5)/Will Fuller(8)/Jerry Jeudy(12)/Anthony Miller(13)/Golden Tate(14)

TE- Mark Andrews(3)

K- Zane Gonzalez(16)

DST- Eagles (15) 

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Just finished a PPR draft from the 12th pick. We start 2 Flex

QB- Matthew Stafford (11)

RB- Josh Jacobs(1)/Miles Sanders(2)/Kareem Hunt(6)/D'Andre Swift(7)/Kerryon Johnson (9)/Damien Harris(10)

WR- Amari Cooper(4)/Keenan Allen(5)/Will Fuller(8)/Jerry Jeudy(12)/Anthony Miller(13)/Golden Tate(14)

TE- Mark Andrews(3)

K- Zane Gonzalez(16)

DST- Eagles (15) 

Damn, I really like your RB depth. And love Anthony Miller in the 13th. Not really the biggest fan of your QB situation though

Finished up my 12-team ppr draft tonight. We Start 3 WRs and 1 flex...I had the 8th pick. 

QB: Russell Wilson

RB: Josh Jacobs, Le'Veon Bell, Tarik Cohen, Jordan Howard, Chase Edmonds

WR: Chris Godwin, DJ Moore, DJ Chark, Terry McLaurin, CeeDee Lamb, Jalen Reagor, Randall Cobb

TE: Mike Gesicki, Chris Herndon

K: Joey Slye

DST: Ravens 

Edited by holt_bruce81

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

tenor.gif

My same reaction on a google chat when my cousin picked Fournette. He said before picking him: "This guy is a risk but I think he'll bounce back" I thought he was talking about DJ/Bell/Conner. He also dropped armstead the day before Fournette got waived and he really doesn't have a backup plan lol....