Rate My Team Thread 2020 Edition

naptownskinsfan

16 hours ago, TheBeast23 said:

Rate my team. Pick 7. Not a fan of my draft but still see what y’all think. Dreaded day before Fournette was released. Half point PPR

QB: Kyler Murray, Jimmy G

RB: Dalvin Cook, Fournette, Ronald Jones, Cam Akers, Marlon Mack (picked up Almstead/Dropped Jefferson)

WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Jarvis Landry, Brandin Cooks, Emmanuel Sanders, Justin Jefferson(released/picked up Almstead)

TE: Darren Waller

K: Robbie Gould

Def: Saints 

I would probably drop Armstead and pick up a second TE. Doesnt sound like armstead will be the guy in jacksonville. 

You could also drop jimmy G (depending on how many QBs are on the market) .

Jonnu Smith is a guy that I love who is available in most leagues. He is going to be the clear cut #2 option in TEN. The middle of the field is open in Tennessee off of play action so he should have a lot of room to work with. The dude is super talented and is primed for a breakout year

If you dont want to drop armstead (again, thats what I would do) then Jimmy is the next guy I would cut. There are not going to be many weeks where you start jimmy over murray (if any), but waller might catch a bad matchup or get injured. 

Murray does run, but he doesnt take a lot of hits. In fact, last season he would fall to the ground before defenders could touch him because he didnt want to take any hits. He did put on some weight this year but I still dont think he is as much of an injury risk as other qbs who run as much as he does. 

I would also rather have derek carr over jimmy in fantasy, but thats just me. 

10 Team, .5ppr, 1 keeper league. 2 flex spots. I drafted #1

QB) Josh allen

RB) CMC, Sanders (6th round keeper), mostert, dobbins, mattison, scott

WR) Golladay, DJ moore, DJ Chark, TY, Ruggs, Hardman

TE) Hurst

DEF) Denver

K) Fairbairn

I feel really good about it except for QB. Part of me wishes I wouldnt have taken mattison and doubled up on QB, baker is available, so is goff, plus part of me likes Carr's matchup week one more than allen's 

Wish the rosters were bigger. There are like 5-6 guys I really like that are still available. almost took reagor over hardman to get an extra roster spot, but I honestly couldnt pass up having a piece of that KC offense

Did absolutely no research going into this...

12 teams, 0.5 PPR, 6 point passing TD, start 2 RB/3 WR, 12th pick

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Baker Mayfield
RB: Austin Ekeler, Kenyan Drake, Chris Thompson, Duke Johnson, Damien Harris (RB depth just blows this year overall - nobody is happy with them)
WR: Courtland Sutton, DJ Moore, Jarvis Landry, Christian Kirk, Mike Williams, Brandon Aiyuk
TE: Darren Waller
DST: Minnesota Vikings
K: Zane Gonzalez

Personally, I don't really care for it but, who knows, it's fantasy football. When I think I do well in the draft, I always suck so it's whatever.

Edited by beekay414

7 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

idk I just dont love Tyrod as a passer for Keenan's sake. He isnt exciting but you're right he is consistent. Wasn't someone I rated highly because I expected to take 1-2 other WRs before him and then fill the next spots with higher potential guys

Thing is, if I remember your team right, you have Amari Cooper as your WR1 who has massive weekly ceiling, but has - dating back to his days in Oakland - always lacked the consistency floor on a week-to-week basis.  Dude has a number of Top 3 WR weeks and also a slew of weeks where he doesn't even finish as a fantasy WR2.  Allen is a perfect balance to that because he's not going to have weeks where he flashes out like a Top 5-10 WR very often, if ever with Tyrod as the QB (we might see at least one in the first few weeks of this season because they have the Bengals and the Panthers in 2 out of the first 3 weeks and they're going to be chasing KC in the week between them), but he'll meet a WR2 floor more weeks than he'll miss in a PPR format - especially with Mike Williams missing time early.  He and Ekeler are going to lead the team in targets during those weeks - and KA's been turning Chris Harris Jr. inside out on routes in camp; truthfully, from reports I've read the only corner that was consistently able to limit him significantly was when they lined up Derwin James there.

3 hours ago, The LBC said:

Thing is, if I remember your team right, you have Amari Cooper as your WR1 who has massive weekly ceiling, but has - dating back to his days in Oakland - always lacked the consistency floor on a week-to-week basis.  Dude has a number of Top 3 WR weeks and also a slew of weeks where he doesn't even finish as a fantasy WR2.  Allen is a perfect balance to that because he's not going to have weeks where he flashes out like a Top 5-10 WR very often, if ever with Tyrod as the QB (we might see at least one in the first few weeks of this season because they have the Bengals and the Panthers in 2 out of the first 3 weeks and they're going to be chasing KC in the week between them), but he'll meet a WR2 floor more weeks than he'll miss in a PPR format - especially with Mike Williams missing time early.  He and Ekeler are going to lead the team in targets during those weeks - and KA's been turning Chris Harris Jr. inside out on routes in camp; truthfully, from reports I've read the only corner that was consistently able to limit him significantly was when they lined up Derwin James there.

I dont have Cooper as my #1 or on my team at all. I get your point that the consistency of Allen helps level out the high risk/reward of a WR like Cooper though

6 hours ago, .Buzz said:

12 tm ppr

Josh Allen/Ryan Tannehill

Zeke/Miles Sanders/Melvin Gordon/Akers/Moss/Scott

Godwin/AJ Brown/Cooks/Diontae Johnson/Shenault

Higbee

Saints D

Prater

You couldn't help yourself with Laviska, could you? lol

I've already commented on the 1-2 punch at RB...WOW. Forget for a second that Miles Sanders workload questions exist, in a PPR league he ABSOLUTELY shouldn't fall even close to you. In a standard league he is lesser than a PPR league, I guess guys wanted the WR stud?

Love the upside of Higbee

Godwin is a stud in round 3. Brown rounds out a good #2 with upside and Cooks/Diontae have good upside too. 

Love the group of RBs you have too because they have huge upside. Gordon is someone you'll probably start with as a flex bc he will get the work early while you figure out what Akers/Moss's roles are and if Cooks gets loads of work early too

Love it

• Like 1

6 hours ago, N4L said:

10 Team, .5ppr, 1 keeper league. 2 flex spots. I drafted #1

QB) Josh allen

RB) CMC, Sanders (6th round keeper), mostert, dobbins, mattison, scott

WR) Golladay, DJ moore, DJ Chark, TY, Ruggs, Hardman

TE) Hurst

DEF) Denver

K) Fairbairn

I feel really good about it except for QB. Part of me wishes I wouldnt have taken mattison and doubled up on QB, baker is available, so is goff, plus part of me likes Carr's matchup week one more than allen's 

Wish the rosters were bigger. There are like 5-6 guys I really like that are still available. almost took reagor over hardman to get an extra roster spot, but I honestly couldnt pass up having a piece of that KC offense

You've got 3 RBs and 4 WRs you should feel good about starting week 1 which is great. I know you dont love Allen but I think he'll be fine. Hurst is someone im more curious about honestly

I like it alot though. Got some solid potential there with the guys outside the first 7

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Counselor said:

8 team Full Point PPR

QB- Lamar Jackson, Daniel Jones

RB- Derrick Henry, Miles Sanders, Jonathan Taylor, Damien Harris, Antonio Gibson 

WR- Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, Terry McLaurin, Henry Ruggs, Bryan Edwards 

TE- Travis Kelce, TJ Hockenson

D/ST- Buffalo

K- Will Lutz

idk who you got round 4/5 but at least 1 of your first 5 picks was an absolute steal. I know its an 8 team league and Henry takes a hit in a PPR league but still. 

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Did absolutely no research going into this...

12 teams, 0.5 PPR, 6 point passing TD, start 2 RB/3 WR, 12th pick

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Baker Mayfield
RB: Austin Ekeler, Kenyan Drake, Chris Thompson, Duke Johnson, Damien Harris (RB depth just blows this year overall - nobody is happy with them)
WR: Courtland Sutton, DJ Moore, Jarvis Landry, Christian Kirk, Mike Williams, Brandon Aiyuk
TE: Darren Waller
DST: Minnesota Vikings
K: Zane Gonzalez

Personally, I don't really care for it but, who knows, it's fantasy football. When I think I do well in the draft, I always suck so it's whatever.

I dont love it. I know its .5PPR but you're right the RB depth is rough there but you can only start 2 so your top-2 are must-starts.

I feel like you reached on Sutton, he's just not someone im big on. 

I'm really curious about A-Rod, everyone is so down on him but he and Baker could bounce back.

Waller is Top-5 so thats good. 

12-team keeper league

Roster Format: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, Flex, K, DST, 8 bench (3 IR slots---added 1 IR and 1 Bench for Covid) 

• Can keep up to 2 keepers for max of 2 years (1st round picks only 1 year) 
  • Only 1 keeper can be from rounds 1-8
  • If drafted in rounds 2-8, price to keep for a 2nd year is 1 round higher
  • If drafted in rounds 9-17, price to keep for a 2nd year is an 8th round pick 

League Scoring

• Passing: 1 point/25 yards, 6 points/TD, +3 points/300 yd, +4 points/400 yards, +5 points/500 yards
  • Rushing: 1 point/10 yards, +1 points/100 yards, +3 points/200 yards, +5 points/500 yards
  • Receiving: 0.5 PPR, 1 point/10 yards, +1 points/100 yards, +3 points/200 yards, +5 points/500 yards

As Champion, I was awarded 12th pick, but I made a move on draft day...

TRADE: 1(12) & 2(13) for 1(4) & 4(45) 

• I made this trade because I really didn't like what I was being dealt in fantasypros mock simulations. I feared I would've been a fish out of water, and the Mixon "migraines" really had me feeling nervous. In retrospect, I would've ended up with Ekeler & Chubb/Mixon had I not made the trade (best WR available was Golladay). 

Draft-board.png

Round Pick   Player Position Team  
1 4   Clyde Edwards-Helaire RB Kansas City  
3 36   Calvin Ridley WR Atlanta  
4 37   Jonathan Taylor RB Indianapolis  
4 45   D'andre Swift RB Detroit  
6 61   Will Fuller WR Houston  
7 84   Zack Moss RB Buffalo  
8 85   Antonio Gibson RB Washington  
9 108   Deebo Samuel WR San Francisco  
10 109   Chris Herndon TE New York   
11 132   Lamar Jackson QB Baltimore Keeper (Year 1)
12 133   AJ Dillon RB Green Bay  
12 142   Diontae Johnson WR Pittsburgh  
13 156   Sam Darnold QB New York  
14 157   Mark Andrews TE Baltimore Keeper (Year 1)
15 180   Darrel Williams RB Kansas City  
16 181   Jerrick McKinnon RB San Francisco  
17 204   Defense/Special Teams DST Minnesota  

*5th round pick was traded last year, acquired 12th round pick in return

Notes: 

• I had no intent to take 6 rookie RBs in a row. It's just how the board fell. I do feel really good about Jerrick McKinnon as a potential James White-like flex play. My real concern is that I have very little clarity who my starters will be in both the near-and-long term. Week 1 I will probably go CEH, Taylor, and either Herndon or Johnson at the flex until workloads become more clear. 
  • I did place higher grades on rookie RBs, quite simply because I don't see myself keeping both Lamar Jackson and Mark Andrews next year. If anything, I may keep 1 of the 2, or I may even consider trading someone like Lamar for a ton of current and future assets. I figure that at least one of these guys will become a stud, and that will lock me in with a cheap RB for 2021 and 2022. 
  • I never like to take too may WRs, whereas I always load up on RBs. My logic is that if my WRs don't pan out, I can package RBs for a bonafide #1 WR. That said, I'm banking heavily on breakout years from Ridley and Fuller. Getting Diontae Johnson in the 12th was robbery, and he offers similar upside that I sought in Fuller. 
  • Everyone has a different take on Deebo. I figured that I'd take him because I could immediately stash him on IR, allowing me to have a 18 man roster until I take him off. 
  • I really like stacking my QB-TEs and I'm a huge Jets fan, so I did reach a bit on Darnold. I think he has a chance to be much better than expected, and I think the Jets may throw upwards of 600 attempts this year, so who knows. 
  • I have since picked up Younghoe Koo as my kicker (with D. Samuel on IR), and dropped Minnesota for Philadelphia.
Edited by Formula 14

10 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

idk who you got round 4/5 but at least 1 of your first 5 picks was an absolute steal. I know its an 8 team league and Henry takes a hit in a PPR league but still. 

This is just what I might try and do. With keeping Henry and Sanders taking Lamar in round 1, Kelce round 2, Evans round 3, Cooper round 5.

12 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I dont love it. I know its .5PPR but you're right the RB depth is rough there but you can only start 2 so your top-2 are must-starts.

I feel like you reached on Sutton, he's just not someone im big on. 

I'm really curious about A-Rod, everyone is so down on him but he and Baker could bounce back.

Waller is Top-5 so thats good. 

72/1100/6 was Sutton's line last year. He was targeted 9 times a game when Lock became the starter and he catches almost everything that he gets his hands on. I don't think Sutton is a problem.