Free agent thread

49erurtaza

15 hours ago, Forge said:

Pending transactions in my big money league. Probably won't get them all, but have to put in for them: 

*Drop Mack (obviously) for Hines - Hines was a guy on my radar before the start of the season because he'll get the passing down work and we know rivers loves to throw to the running back (Austin Ekeler), and it's PPR. Now he may get carries to boot.  Obviously, he's going to be a priority waiver for a lot of people, and I'm 7th, so unlikely I get him. 

*Drop Zack Moss for Malcolm Brown - Brown got a lot of volume yesterday, and is clearly going to get some tds while he's in the rotation. I already have Akers as well. This is a redraft league, so Moss for future use doesn't apply. Allen snaking short yardage work, and an even split on carries leaves me cold. 

*Drop Tyrod Taylor for Mitch Trubisky. I mean, why not? I drafted Tyrod for the running...not sure if he'll do that or not, but his ceiling is always capped. Trubs maybe has the higher fantasy ceiling. I could go with Minshew or Lock as well. 

*Dropping Jonnu Smith for Dallas Goedert. Obviously Smith ahs to play tonight, but super encouraged by the fact that Goedert had over 70% snap share in yesterdays game compared to Ertz's 80%. I think that this is an offense that will make both tight ends relevant. Both finished in the top 10 last year as well. I do worry that there will be some lean games. 

Any objections? 

is there anyone else you could drop for Malcolm Brown..I think I'd keep Moss

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Forge said:

Don't really care much about the passing efficiency, tbh. We all know he's awful. But I'm curious about volume, and running. Trubisky does have a prior history of success in running with the ball, which is big. He's not used it much the last year, which is a little confusing, though I'm hoping he gets back to it some. And Nagy just throws the ball a ton compared to Marrone it feels like (not sure what we are looking at with Lock as of yet) 

In truth, the player to go after here may be Teddy B if I just want the best pure upside from a passing perspective. Not sure. What do you think? 

This is my third QB spot, so I'm not really caring much on it, but even by QB3 standards, Tyrod was pretty brutal lol

Teddy B would easily be my #1 choice for a QB3. Assuming you have a strong top 2, you are mostly using him for the two bye weeks and as an injury reserve. In that case, I’m taking the guy I think is most consistent that is still getting a lot of throws in. I feel pretty confident that Teddy is going to be putting up stat lines similar to week 1 every week or better. Mitch on the other hand is probably going to have a lot of variability week to week (which is why I mentioned the efficiency haha). He could put up great numbers on large attempts this week, or he will throw 3-4 picks and tank your chances. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, winitall said:

Teddy B would easily be my #1 choice for a QB3. Assuming you have a strong top 2, you are mostly using him for the two bye weeks and as an injury reserve. In that case, I’m taking the guy I think is most consistent that is still getting a lot of throws in. I feel pretty confident that Teddy is going to be putting up stat lines similar to week 1 every week or better. Mitch on the other hand is probably going to have a lot of variability week to week (which is why I mentioned the efficiency haha). He could put up great numbers on large attempts this week, or he will throw 3-4 picks and tank your chances. 

Correct, and I did check all of their schedules yesterday, and nobody had a clear advantage on the two weeks that I need them, so I did update to Teddy B. 

3 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

is there anyone else you could drop for Malcolm Brown..I think I'd keep Moss

Just to add to this, I don't anticipate getting all of these guys (possibly not any of them). But I definitely would not expect Moss to get picked up if I do drop him. If that is the waiver that does go through, I'd just immediately drop Mack for him and bring him back. 

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

Just to add to this, I don't anticipate getting all of these guys (possibly not any of them). But I definitely would not expect Moss to get picked up if I do drop him. If that is the waiver that does go through, I'd just immediately drop Mack for him and bring him back. 

Can you do multiple waivers and order them? If so, do a Brown for Mack swap ahead of Brown for Moss. 

20 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Can you do multiple waivers and order them? If so, do a Brown for Mack swap ahead of Brown for Moss. 

Yeah, but personally I'd rather have both Hines and Brown at the current point in time over Moss. I'll have to think about that though. 

19 hours ago, Forge said:

*Dropping Jonnu Smith for Dallas Goedert. Obviously Smith ahs to play tonight, but super encouraged by the fact that Goedert had over 70% snap share in yesterdays game compared to Ertz's 80%. I think that this is an offense that will make both tight ends relevant. Both finished in the top 10 last year as well. I do worry that there will be some lean games. 

I'm also going after Goedert as my next-man-up with Blake Jarwin now out for the season.  Granted, pickings are slim for me (Doyle, Hooper - even with the Njoku injury I'm not biting, Jonnu), and I'm hoping some of these maroons who drafted two TE's for some reason wise up and need to drop guys for their own holes to fill - but I doubt I'll see anyone who showed promise in Week 1 dropped, so I'm at least riding out the next 2 weeks with a fill from this current WW.

I've been hearing rumblings that the contract discussions between Ertz and the Eagles aren't progressing well and meanwhile e'rybody around the league is cashing new signing bonuses, so I'm willing to gamble on the side of a possible shift in target-share as a negotiating ploy (this doesn't normally happen much of at all, but it's a nice narrative to sell myself on).  McDermott is going to go more multi-TE sets, you have to figure, especially so long as he's down what would have been his LT1 and his RT1 (Lane Johnson says he'll be back this week, but they'll still be working with backups at multiple spots in the OL).

12 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Am I crazy to consider dropping James Connor for Malcom Brown? It's a 4RB rostered league and I have CMC, Connor, MG3 and Dobbins. 

Conner's got an ankle sprain.  Even if it's a high ankle sprain that's a 3-4 week injury.  Malcom Brown has a history of multi-TD week 1's - he did it last season too - so I would wait to get a more realistic picture of his baseline usage before dropping guys with Top 10 RB ceilings for him, especially if you've got the depth to absorb the temporary absence on your roster.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, but personally I'd rather have both Hines and Brown at the current point in time over Moss. I'll have to think about that though. 

Do a waiver for Hynes for Mack, then a waiver for Brown for Mack, then another waiver for Brown for Moss.  Then if you get Hines, it will remove the Brown for Mack and put the Brown for Moss next in line.  So if others don't put in claims, which is unlikely, you would get both. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Am I crazy to consider dropping James Connor for Malcom Brown? It's a 4RB rostered league and I have CMC, Connor, MG3 and Dobbins. 

I wouldn't.  Who else do you have at WR/TE/QB you could drop?  I dont trust Brown long term.  I think Henderson gets some love and I think Akers will earn more carries.  And although JC may fight Snell a little, I think its his job if healthy.