Ravens S Earl Thomas sent home from team; Released

RaidersAreOne

Attitude, fights, the off the field incident with his wife... that is all separate to me. 

If his teammates don't think he is working hard enough and/or taking this seriously enough, then I don't care about how much guaranteed money he has. There is no space for the guy on our 53 man roster. This team is out to win a chip. There doesn't need to be anything new beyond that for me to endorse this move.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

If you remember the details from the story with his wife and side piece this summer, she said that he had been doing a lot of day drinking and that was the cause of their fights. 

If Thomas has some combination of CTE and a booze problem, that might explain some of his recent erratic behavior, being late, not showing up to meetings, etc.  

It isn't CTE lol. If we assumed spoiled football players automatically have CTE then most of the NFL has CTE.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Drained said:

It isn't CTE lol. If we assumed spoiled football players automatically have CTE then most of the NFL has CTE.

Yeah I don't know I'm just guessing. I'm just saying his behavior has really worsened in a short amount of time, that to me suggests he might have some medical/substance abuse issue going on. 

His ego is bigger than the team. It happened in Seattle, and now the Ravens. Both coaches have philosophies that nothing is bigger than the team. I don't care if its CTE, or PMS you have to be a grown man and handle **** like a professional. 

• Like 1

Something has happened to Thomas the past few years.  Guy used to be an amazing teammate and everyone loved him, but then he started to have a huge shift in his attitude.  Maybe it has something to do with the Superbowl the Seahawks lost to the Patriots and/or Seattle moving on from players like Sherman, Bennett, etc, but Thomas has never been the same.  I think he has some problems off the field that he needs to deal with.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Forge said:

It's weird to me, as a fan of a rival, however things have changed over the years. When they were all on Seattle, it was really easy to think that Sherm was a bit of a headcase and Thomas was fairly normal and now, 8 years later, Thomas is going full on AB and Sherman has controlled his fury enough to make it more productive on and off the field (even if he is still too prickly and prone to going after those who doubt him lol) 

Nah Sherman is still the same. That fake handshake **** with Cleveland last year was a testament to that. Sherman will never go off the rails like Thomas or Brown though.

5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If we do indeed release or trade ET, I believe this was the first sign that he wasn't a fit for this team:

By the Numbers: Browns vs. Ravens (aka The Hat Trick) | Waiting ...

Thomas said after this play he didn't want to risk injury by trying to chase/tackle Nick Chubb.

Ehhh. Was he really going to catch Nick? That reminds me, Deion Sanders is lucky he played before the social media era, because a lot of his business decision stuff would have been a hellfire for him instead of what it is now, just nostalgic stories that people can all chuckle about, and play it off as "ahhh that's just uncle Deion". 

5 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Is he killing his chances at the HOF or is he good to go after hes done?

As of now it's fading, if it isn't already shut. Safeties already have a hard time making it into Canton, and they really have to be dominant into their 30's. Thomas in Baltimore while a good player wasn't the same guy in Seattle that looked like the next Ed Reed as far as coverage goes.

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Ehhh. Was he really going to catch Nick? That reminds me, Deion Sanders is lucky he played before the social media era, because a lot of his business decision stuff would have been a hellfire for him instead of what it is now, just nostalgic stories that people can all chuckle about, and play it off as "ahhh that's just uncle Deion". 

Agreed, I think the same thing happens in the NBA/fighting too. Less defense vs the high flyers because no one wants to be on the next Top-10 getting posterized and less action in the ring worrying about getting KO'd and having to relive that moment forever

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

It wasn't the fact that he even stood a chance, it was just the first indication that he was a "me first" type of guy, and that's generally not the culture the Ravens foster.

7 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Kind of funny considering these two are on the same team now and supposedly pretty good friends. Crazy how all this stuff shakes out.

It’s not surprising to befriend people who have the same fight as you do. It’s a mutual respect. 

4 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Nah Sherman is still the same. That fake handshake **** with Cleveland last year was a testament to that. Sherman will never go off the rails like Thomas or Brown though.

Sherman marketed himself so well as a villain. If you ever meet him ask him about it.