Ravens S Earl Thomas sent home from team; Released

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

There is no way Ravens are cutting a quality safety, and eating $15M in dead cap, over 1 fight at practice. Must be more going on behind the scenes here.

It’s been a pattern with him - per reports he’s constantly late to/missing meetings, he’s gotten into altercations with teammates several times, and has had a general “me over the team” attitude since he got here...giving up on plays, talking ish in pressers in the week leading up to games and not backing it up...brother/wife incident this offseason (that the team only found out through TMZ a month later), posting all-22 practice film to IG immediately after the fight...guy just really didn’t fit in here. 

Unfortunate that it’s coming 3 weeks before the season starts but if his teammates were actively lobbying for him to not be on the team anymore as reported, I think whatever happened behind the scenes was irreparable

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

It’s been a pattern with him - per reports he’s constantly late to/missing meetings, he’s gotten into altercations with teammates several times, and has had a general “me over the team” attitude since he got here...giving up on plays, talking ish in pressers in the week leading up to games and not backing it up...brother/wife incident this offseason (that the team only found out through TMZ a month later), posting all-22 practice film to IG immediately after the fight...guy just really didn’t fit in here. 

Unfortunate that it’s coming 3 weeks before the season starts but if his teammates were actively lobbying for him to not be on the team anymore as reported, I think whatever happened behind the scenes was irreparable

That makes sense, sounds like he's not good for the locker room and the DV adjacent stuff, which I forgot about, doesn't help. Pretty wild for a player to have that kind of attitude in A) year 1 with new team and B) in the midst of a 14-2 season. Definitely sounds like a player Cowboys will go after, which is too bad because he can still play for sure. 

• Like 1

It's weird to me, as a fan of a rival, however things have changed over the years. When they were all on Seattle, it was really easy to think that Sherm was a bit of a headcase and Thomas was fairly normal and now, 8 years later, Thomas is going full on AB and Sherman has controlled his fury enough to make it more productive on and off the field (even if he is still too prickly and prone to going after those who doubt him lol) 

• Like 1

2019 draft has been a dud so far. Earl Thomas is money down the drain. Left LB unaddressed and had to resort to signing Fort and Bynes in the middle of the season to save things. Marcus Peters has been nice but can’t tackle and has the same history of character issues as Earl Thomas. 

So why is Ozzie Newsome, the guy who built the team, not the GM?

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

No, you’re wrong. Watch the video again. It’s 100% Chuck Clark who throws his helmet down as he approaches Earl.

But again - the issue is why Clark would snap like that...apparently Earl has been missing meetings and not studying up to the level of the other DBs and that’s why Chuck was so upset with the blown coverage.

😮 this whole time I was thinking Earl was the deep safety on this play and not Chuck Clark!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Sherman has controlled his fury enough to make it more productive on and off the field (even if he is still too prickly and prone to going after those who doubt him lol) 

Sherman can be obnoxious sometimes, but dude is fine.

I want my players to have a chip on their shoulder like that. He probably still holds it against teams for him falling to the 5th round.

Players not putting effort into tackling/finishing plays, missing meetings, and punching teammates isn't what I want to see.

himself GIFs - Primo GIF - Latest Animated GIFs

At least Sherman got into altercations with the other team.