Ravens S Earl Thomas sent home from team; Released

RaidersAreOne

His $10M salary this year guaranteed so he'll probably get it. For the Ravens that much cap space should be less of a concern, this team is in a prime window. Is he going to help or hurt? He still seemed able to be a pretty good cover safety last year, and that's not an easy thing to replace. But, the team isn't going to and shouldn't put up with distractions. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

A lot of players don't actually care about the superbowl, the playoffs, or actually winning

Most just want to get paid, and do as little work as possible, while trying to secure the biggest contract they can

derrick-henry-earl-thomas.jpg

His mindset is a little different

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

I'm not saying he's smart. Just look at the clown show that was him and his brother

But he can look over at AB and say, "worked for him"

Not really. AB wants to play and nobody wants to sign him. You really think AB is happy about how it played out? 

4 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

They can "Claim" that all they want

AB still got paid from both the Raiders and the Patriots

Hence "AB wrote the Playbook"

The Raiders (my team) actually didn’t pay AB that much.... I believe he only for 1.2M from us.  But yes he did scam the Patriots for some serious coin, although some of that came back on appeal.  

3 hours ago, El Ramster said:

None issue imo. Just a dude who wants perfection. Happens a lot. 

You may have it flipped. ET had blown a coverage, and Clark said something to him that thomas didn’t like.

Edited by JQ1

2 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

Not really. AB wants to play and nobody wants to sign him. You really think AB is happy about how it played out? 

Let's not pretend that ABs situation has more to do with his off field issues than it does with his on field ability.

Had the sexual assault stuff not surfaced when it did, AB is on the Patriots right now after a full season of Brady to AB.

Lamar, Hollywood and Co are lighting it up so much in practice that they are driving this secondary crazy and towards fighting each other. The coaching staff had to sit Lamar today to let the secondary mentally recover. 

^This is the spin all you guys are all missing are missing on this story.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

He blew a coverage and when Chuck Clark talked to him about it he freaked out and took swings at Clark, then got sent home by Harbaugh.

Are you Chuck Clark’s cousin? I’m sure he just started swinging because of some calm constructive criticism.

The hatred of Earl is bizarre. Only guy I’ve ever seen get robbed at gun point and have people call for him to be suspended.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Are you Chuck Clark’s cousin? I’m sure he just started swinging because of some calm constructive criticism.

The hatred of Earl is bizarre. Only guy I’ve ever seen get robbed at gun point and have people call for him to be suspended.

I mean, watch the video that ET posted. He's literally throwing his helmet and throwing a temper tantrum before anything else happens...ON A COVERAGE HE BLEW.