Jaguars trade Yannick Ngakoue to Vikings for 2nd & Condtional 5th

TheRealMcCoy

18 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Idk, the Trubisky/Foles led Bears or the Lions will be a tall task.

Truthfully I thought you had a good shot even prior. GB is obviously very solid but it's really just a two team race so I don't see why not.

Haha. I'd give you a like but I'm out for today.

We have a big hole at DT with Pierce opting out. We really need someone to clog the middle or we'll get beat by the run like we did a lot last season.

• Like 1

Yannick Ngakoue really wanted out of Jacksonville.

Per multiple sources, Ngakoue agreed to take less money under his one-year franchise tender of $17.788 million to facilitate the trade from the Jaguars to the Vikings. As one source pegged it, the new salary will be in the range of $13.5 million. That specific number has not been confirmed, yet.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/30/yannick-ngakoue-takes-pay-cut-to-facilitate-trade-from-jaguars-to-vikings/

Edited by vike daddy

Just now, vike daddy said:

Yannick Ngakoue really wanted out of Jacksonville.

Per multiple sources, Ngakoue agreed to take less money under his one-year franchise tender of $17.788 million to facilitate the trade from the Jaguars to the Vikings. As one source pegged it, the new salary will be in the range of $13.5 million. That specific number has not been confirmed, yet.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/30/yannick-ngakoue-takes-pay-cut-to-facilitate-trade-from-jaguars-to-vikings/

If anyone didnt know he really wanted out they haven't been paying attention

31 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Idk, the Trubisky/Foles led Bears or the Lions will be a tall task.

Truthfully I thought you had a good shot even prior. GB is obviously very solid but it's really just a two team race so I don't see why not.

Actually, I've been saying all offseason that the Bears are going to win the division this year.  With their defense, Trubisky/Foles are good enough to win the division.

32 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Do we have enough fans to flood him? More like a tropical depression...we've been depressed for a while

Man have you seen Jags Twitter? 

17 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Actually, I've been saying all offseason that the Bears are going to win the division this year.  With their defense, Trubisky/Foles are good enough to win the division.

Nah, I don't see that. Did you watch the Foles of last year? Or Trubisky for that matter?

They may be more competitive than I'm leading on because of the D but their QB situation is hot garbage. Zero reason the Vikings or Packers should finish below them.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah but he's on a tag. You have to pay him what he wants in an extension. As a premium rusher that's going to be around the same you paid Hunter.

If you do it, probably spells the end of Cook and maybe Harris.

I don't think losing Cook would be a big loss. Paying RBs can really come back to bite.

Zimmer has had success with the safety position without investing much into the position. While it would stink to lose Harris, I think we would be fine without him.

Plus he's probably going to set the market next year anyways so we are likely going to lose him regardless.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I don't think losing Cook would be a big loss. Paying RBs can really come back to bite.

Zimmer has had success with the safety position without investing much into the position. While it would stink to lose Harris, I think we would be fine without him.

Plus he's probably going to set the market next year anyways so we are likely going to lose him regardless.

Depends on the length of the contract but I cant imagine he'd sign a 2-3 year deal because at that point his value is super low when that contract is up

• Like 1