Week 1 GDT - Arizona Cardinals at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I'd like to see both on the field, together and healthy first before I make that claim.

Has nothing to do with those two, has everything to do with the fact that Pettis is a none factor, Taylor is pretty much solely a slot and Bourne is just..Bourne. Adding OBJ would be huge. 

edit: That said, I just still wouldn’t do it for a lot of reasons. But we need help. 

Edited by John232

1 minute ago, John232 said:

Has nothing to do with those two, has everything to do with the fact that Pettis is a none factor, Taylor is pretty much solely a slot and Bourne is just..Bourne. Adding OBJ would be huge. 

edit: That said, I just still wouldn’t do it for a lot of reasons. But we need help. 

I've been clamoring for Marvin Jones since the off-season. If we add, that's a guy I target. 

Wouldn't be surprised if we sign Sanu for vet min at this point

• Like 2

Just now, 757-NINER said:

Yea that's not a great start to a make or break year. Seems like none of our WRs did anything though looking at the stat line so who knows really..

I'd be more forgiving if I hadn't actually seen the play, tbh. Just Pettis being Pettis, you know? 

OBJ is extremely talented but he's a complete diva and a bit of a head case. I really do think the Browns were worse with him on the team last season because they tried to force the ball to him instead of running a more balanced offense. And he'll start complaining if he doesn't get the football which can definitely get in the QB's head. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mw2noobbuster said:

OBJ is extremely talented but he's a complete diva and a bit of a head case. I really do think the Browns were worse with him on the team last season because they tried to force the ball to him instead of running a more balanced offense. And he'll start complaining if he doesn't get the football which can definitely get in the QB's head. 

I saw OBJ drop at least two balls today he should have caught and had a complete lack of effort on a pass that he tipped and almost caused a pick.

Hes talented, no question but for a million reasons i don't want anything to do with him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John232 said:

Well its the same corps, minus Sanders that nearly won a SB last year....js

I'd like to see all the pieces first before I definitively say yea, we need more...

I think eventually Reed will figure more into the passing game, which is a better fit for Jimmy. 

Going after a guy like OBJ who does his best work outside the hashes to pair with Jimmy, who is very sub-standard throwing outside the hashes, doesn't seem like the greatest fit to me. 

There will be options at the trade deadline if we indeed need more. Not really concerned at this point.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Well its the same corps, minus Sanders that nearly won a SB last year....js

I'd like to see all the pieces first before I definitively say yea, we need more...

I think eventually Reed will figure more into the passing game, which is a better fit for Jimmy. 

Going after a guy like OBJ who does his best work outside the hashes to pair with Jimmy, who is very sub-standard throwing outside the hashes, doesn't seem like the greatest fit to me. 

There will be options at the trade deadline if we indeed need more. Not really concerned at this point.

I did think that there was some promising stuff with Reed

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I did think that there was some promising stuff with Reed

Honestly, the way the WR corps is constructed currently fits Jimmy's wheelhouse... 

WRs in Deebo, Aiyuk, Bourne and Taylor who can work the middle of the field...check.

A All-Pro TE who gashes teams over the middle...check.

A 2nd TE who is a match-up nightmare in the slot as well as being a viable threat inside the red-zone...check.

A great pass-catching 3rd down RB who can line-up in the slot or outside and win against any safety or LB. And is also a great safety valve on checkdowns in the flats...check.

A All-Pro FB who can somewhat mirror the 3rd down RB I previously mentioned...check

Until Jimmy shows consistency throwing the ball outside the numbers, what we have surrounded him with is what suits his strengths as a passer. Until he further develops his game, having another weapon on the outside won't necessarily do much but open up more space for him to operate in his wheelhouse...the middle of the field. That's a huge waste if you ask me. That's why we sign the Travis Benjamin's of the world instead of trading for the OBJ's of the world.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Knowledge said:

Jimmy couldn't make a play in the Super Bowl to win the game and he couldn't make a play today to win the game.

I'm starting to think he's not the one

Hes not and it sucks to say so because now we might not get another chance at winning a SB and we should have won last year

44 minutes ago, Dub_City30 said:

Hes not and it sucks to say so because now we might not get another chance at winning a SB and we should have won last year

Root him on, hope for the best. This team is too talented to miss the playoffs, and then just hope he catches fire

• Like 1