Week 1 General Discussion

candyman93

Just now, iknowcool said:

I like him too, and really the offensive game plan has been good today.  But it's just too much working against us.  Too much inexperience, too much lack of talent.  Barring a MASSIVE, unforeseen improvement in the LB/Secondary group, then I think we're talking about a pass defense on par with some of the worst ever.  And run defense is dependent on a rookie DT, because Kawann Short either can't stay healthy or is completely washed.

Like we can't even slow down the Raiders offense lol (no offense Raiders fans).  They haven't punted since the 1st drive!

I think the Panthers are in the bottom tier of teams but I think they’re more of the 5-11/4-12 type of teams on paper. Judging on the Falcons performance today they don’t look like a playoff team either.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

He has all the talent in the world. But normally jitters are at the start of the game. You dont normally play awesome for 1.5 quarters and then develop the jitters. 

I think Lane Johnson being out is hurting him. he prolly is doing too much too with the thought of Hurts as a backup 

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:

I like him too, and really the offensive game plan has been good today.  But it's just too much working against us.  Too much inexperience, too much lack of talent.  Barring a MASSIVE, unforeseen improvement in the LB/Secondary group, then I think we're talking about a pass defense on par with some of the worst ever.  And run defense is dependent on a rookie DT, because Kawann Short either can't stay healthy or is completely washed.

Like we can't even slow down the Raiders offense lol (no offense Raiders fans).  They haven't punted since the 1st drive!

Rhule is a big 3-4 guy, and you are surely going to take some lumps with the transition.  I have pointed this out in the Football Team forum this past off-season since we are switching defensive fronts, but going back 20 years, no team switching fronts has finished higher than 20th in team defense during their first year in the new system.