Browns sign Kareem Hunt to 2 year extension

zelbell

9 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Chubbs gonna get much more than that. 

Henry got 4 years 50 25.5M guaranteed. So chubbs will be along that route. He’s a lot closer to Henry as a player than mixon.

I love Chubb. That being said...

Chubb will be playing elsewhere in 2023 (we could keep it together in 2022 by franchising him).

Chubb is better RIGHT NOW than Henry/Mixon/etc. Some team is gonna offer him CMC type money (16M a year) and this FO is not gonna match that.

You don't plan 5-6 years out on RBs, too many injuries and they're too quick to fall apart. This extension means we have a near-elite option at RB until at least 2023. I don't see Chubb signing on at the level of deal this FO would be willing to hand out to a RB.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think he could come back if they get him on a team friendly deal, perhaps something along the lines of Mixon’s deal, but I can’t see him getting market value from us with Hunt under contract.

Correct.

This is what we generally refer to as "foreshadowing". So, when you guys want to know why we let him walk in about 2 years, let's all come back to 9/8/2020. JMHO

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

All you Baker haters and doubters....

noted-ryan-the-office.gif 

Completely agree. I have no freaking clue how we're writing off somebody who set the rookie TD record with Hue Jackson and Freddie Kitchens at the helm. Throwing to Jarvis Landry and a bunch of meh.

• Like 3