Broncos DE Von Miller injures ankle tendon; likely done for year

RaidersAreOne

The team has structurally been built around Von’s HOF talent for years so this hurts a lot. He was as motivated and focused on leading as any point in his career, could have been a special season for Von once Chubb got going. Defense can still be a good unit but doesn’t have top 5 upside anymore.

But this year was always about the young offense developing. What really sucks is the thought that Von might have played his last game as a Bronco last year. He would have to take an extremely team friendly deal and I think Von will rightfully want one final payday if he can get it.

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Ehh, hes only 31 and hes an athletic freak. As long as its a injury that he can heal 100% from with time, he still has 4-5 years left in the tank after this year.

True, but there's a real worry he could drop down quickly to being a 7/10 or 8/10 player rather than the 9.5/10 or 10/10 player we all know. It's a real shame given he's such a respected player and person, and is up there in the discussion for best in his position in the last 15-20 years. I'm not a Broncos fan but man would I ever be happy to be wrong on this, love watching the guy play.

Elway’s first and best draft pick.   Cornerstone of his championship defense.  

Always stinks to lose your best player before season starts.

A bigger one I remember is when Michael Vick was set to light league on fire, was number 1 pick in every fantasy draft and then got hurt right before season.   That had to have been crushing for Falcons fans.

He never came back the same as people thought he was going to be that year and then later got in trouble.  Don’t remember exact timeline.  

It was sorta like if Mahomes got hurt right before last year started or if Lamar Jackson got hurt right before this year.