The Raider Appreciation Thread 📈

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Really pleased with what Booker has brought to the table, I wasn't keen on him prior to the season but he's proving me wrong and running hard with vision, very decent spell back. 

i was meh on him and though back up RB was going to be a weakness on our team, boy was i wrong. 

11 hours ago, roi34 said:

I gotta admit, I didn't want cable, he's done a great job here. and I'm happy to be wrong!

Bought some Bullseye BBQ sauce today to enjoy my crow on that myself. Felt he mismanaged the talent we had his first year but really the guy has had moments the past two seasons where we looked absolutely DOMINANT. Not every game but he's got his guys ready to play and with the back ups playing way better than expected. 

13 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Really pleased with what Booker has brought to the table, I wasn't keen on him prior to the season but he's proving me wrong and running hard with vision, very decent spell back. 

I don't know which thread but I said I think he may do well with our line and change of scenery. I can claim Victory on that one, after defeat if Cable.

7 hours ago, Darbsk said:

No idea how the 13th best DE can possibly have zero sacks......... just nonsensical.

Ferrell is solid against the run and he's had a few pressures against Kansas and LA but this makes PFF look silly. 

I’m not saying Ferrell is a pass rushing phenom.... at all.

but look at that clip.... Ferrell busts thru the line and Crosby runs the arc on Pipkins (who is up there for worst pass blocking RTs IMO) and they don’t get the sack because there’s zero interior pass rush... Hankins is a great run defender but that rush was bad lol.  I can’t help but think if we had a competent 3Tech / some interior pressure some of these hurries become sacks.

8 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

but look at that clip.... Ferrell busts thru the line and Crosby runs the arc on Pipkins (who is up there for worst pass blocking RTs IMO) and they don’t get the sack because there’s zero interior pass rush... Hankins is a great run defender but that rush was bad lol.  I can’t help but think if we had a competent 3Tech / some interior pressure some of these hurries become sacks.

Oh, absolutely! I dont think Ferrell is a poor player at all, in fact I picked him as my 'break out player'. He has had a couple good games and certainly one of the biggest factors in our pass rush is having very, very little push from inside so QBs can just step up. The tackles can just make sure they don't get beat inside and shepherd the ends the long way round knowing the QB can step up so it is very difficult unless we get excellent coverage for 4 or 5 seconds. Ultimately though a DE has to put up some stats and turn some pressures into sacks. 

Hankins has been a great pickup and obviously his primary job is not pass rushing but even he showed more with the Colts and Giants in the pass rushing department, I think he had 7 sacks in NY a few years back so he's been a little disappointing in that department too he should be able to add a little pressure to help at least.

Edited by Darbsk

Should Cory Littleton be in this thread?

I previously commented on how he doesn't appear to be doing anything and even opened a thread in the Rams forum asking how he was previously used etc. *The thread now sits there as a thread of shame as no one decided to respond but I'm not bitter 😑

After re-watching the Chargers game I posted this: "Littleton - Wasn't actually as bad as I thought he was. He didn't make any plays, and was beat a few times in man coverage... but other than biting on an early fake-handoff rollout and the missed tackle late he did a good job of plugging his gaps, forcing plays inside, and sticking with his man. He is definitively a finesse player and not very physical."

I stumbled across the below video today and wondered do we have it wrong, is he actually playing good football but just doesn't have the splash plays to justify the salary?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I really think he'll be a good pass rusher with time , he's only 23. Mack was 23 when drafted.

13 hours ago, Ryno said:

Should Cory Littleton be in this thread?

I previously commented on how he doesn't appear to be doing anything and even opened a thread in the Rams forum asking how he was previously used etc. *The thread now sits there as a thread of shame as no one decided to respond but I'm not bitter 😑

After re-watching the Chargers game I posted this: "Littleton - Wasn't actually as bad as I thought he was. He didn't make any plays, and was beat a few times in man coverage... but other than biting on an early fake-handoff rollout and the missed tackle late he did a good job of plugging his gaps, forcing plays inside, and sticking with his man. He is definitively a finesse player and not very physical."

I stumbled across the below video today and wondered do we have it wrong, is he actually playing good football but just doesn't have the splash plays to justify the salary?

Really good analysis. He's right about Littleton only showing up when things go wrong. He's like Nnamdi, he may not rack up stats but he does shut players down pretty well at times when looking at the tape.