The Raider Appreciation Thread 📈

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

PFF:

Nicholas Morrow put forth the best game of his career in Week 12!

- 90.7 overall grade (1st among LBs in W12)

- 90.4 coverage grade (also 1st)

- 5 targets for 3 catches and 11 yards, 1 PBU 💪

- 6 defensive stops

#RaiderNation 

He's turning the corner.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 7:02 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Serious question:

Does anyone else think Agholor is bringing to the table more than Cooper did with us? Idk if the yards will be there, because we actually have multiple weapons now, but he's clearly WR1 right now. 

The drops can be maddening at times, but he has legit always seemed to be a big play waiting to happen for us. One of the criticisms I often heard was that Carr merely didn't trust Cooper because of drops, but that hasn't deterred him from Agholor thus far. Just an observation I've had. 

5 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Serious question:

Does anyone else think Agholor is bringing to the table more than Cooper did with us? Idk if the yards will be there, because we actually have multiple weapons now, but he's clearly WR1 right now. 

The drops can be maddening at times, but he has legit always seemed to be a big play waiting to happen for us. One of the criticisms I often heard was that Carr merely didn't trust Cooper because of drops, but that hasn't deterred him from Agholor thus far. Just an observation I've had. 

I don't know about that. But he has been a big plus this year. There have been a few weeks where he has kinda disappeared but Gruden is probably more to blame. I still think our wideouts, especially Ruggs aren't getting a lot of help in terms of designed plays.

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Morrow has def played better the past 3 games. I dont buy that coverage grade, but I dont take much of PFFs grades seriously to begin with. He is best used when he can attack the LOS. On Sunday he was left on the field over Littleton. 

Morrow always had the range and played fast. He might be playing his way to a raise and new contract. Let’s see how the next 5 games pan out. He’s small and struggled with coverage in the past. I mean our defensive coaching has been the worst since he has been here. There’s probably been a handful of games where since Morrow been here, where we actually got after the QB. Any defender will look bad in coverage with no pass rush, and predictable defensive play calling. 

On 12/1/2020 at 6:04 PM, ronjon1990 said:

Serious question:

ill take Agholor at $19m less lol

i loved Coop when he was here, but now that hes in another uni and i can take off the goggles, he is extremly frustrating. He has top 5 talent, but he disappears wayyy too often for a #1, and is way to inconsistent for a guy makin $20m per. 

On 12/1/2020 at 6:04 PM, ronjon1990 said:

Serious question:

Price wise I will take Agholor but Cooper is a much better player and produces a lot more than Agholor.  Cooper's issue was him taking to to long to set up routes, Carr  wanting to get rid of the ball right away, and Carr wanting to spread the ball around.  Cooper is about to break 1000 yards again with who at QB.  In 6 years he has had over 1000 yards every year except 2017 when the wheels feel of this team for whatever reason.  His catch percentage is 69% with Dallas and was 58% with us.  Part of this might have been because of his early years.  His career catch percentage is right there with AB and Julio Jones.  With the exception of yards Cooper is right there with Julio Jones over their first 6 season.  I will not knock him on the yards because he is still a 1000 yard WR almost every year.  Cooper brought more to the table but Agholor is still a pleasant surprise.  Cooper just has not lived up to his talents yet but he is still a great WR.