The Raider Appreciation Thread πŸ“ˆ

RaidersAreOne

36 minutes ago, Rolni said:

Sounds good BP, but I doubt Gruden will let anyone calling the O plays...

Also I doubt any trully good OC candidate would want to work under Gruden, even if he is said to have playcalling and desingning responsibilities.

You're likely right. Which is theΒ bigger problem.... and that is Gruden's ego which seemingly is driving this franchise currently. And his results simply do not justify it:

Sorry to kick Jon Gruden when he’s down, but barring a 2-0 finish and lots of help from some AFC losers, this will be his ninth straight year as a head coach (six with Bucs, three with Raiders) with zero playoff wins. In those nine seasons, his teams are 17 games under .500.

Β 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You're likely right. Which is theΒ bigger problem.... and that is Gruden's ego which seemingly is driving this franchise currently. And his results simply do not justify it:

Β 

I can already tell you what will happen if an OC calling the plays is hired. Offense improves = OC is praised, he's so much better than Gruden. Offense stays the same or regresses = it's Gruden's responsibilityΒ for not giving the OC the freedom he needs.

5 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I can already tell you what will happen if an OC calling the plays is hired. Offense improves = OC is praised, he's so much better than Gruden. Offense stays the same or regresses = it's Gruden's responsibilityΒ for not giving the OC the freedom he needs.

Pretty much. It worked in KC for Andy Reid. But even Andy was questioned after a playoff loss in 2017 that he took back over play calling from Nagy.Β 

Have to look past all the BS and think what will be best for the team.Β 

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Pretty much. It worked in KC for Andy Reid. But even Andy was questioned after a playoff loss in 2017 that he took back over play calling from Nagy.Β 

Have to look past all the BS and think what will be best for the team.Β 

It worked in KC because they have that guy called Mahomes. You and i probably could call plays for that offense and it would work fine.

53 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

It worked in KC because they have that guy called Mahomes. You and i probably could call plays for that offense and it would work fine.

That was before Mahomes took over. Smith was QB, they started 5-0, then lost 6 of theirΒ next 7 with offense struggling. Andy handed play calling off, they won 3 straight and the AFC West.Β 

Yes Mahomes make life easier, but this decision predated that. And Andy hasn't jumped back into play calling with Mahomes at QB.Β 

42 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

That was before Mahomes took over. Smith was QB, they started 5-0, then lost 6 of theirΒ next 7 with offense struggling. Andy handed play calling off, they won 3 straight and the AFC West.Β 

Yes Mahomes make life easier, but this decision predated that. And Andy hasn't jumped back into play calling with Mahomes at QB.Β 

I'm not even sure that's true.

β€œIt seems like play-calling is always the issue,” Reid said. β€œHe called during the preseason. He helps me with all of the set-ups. The only reason I do it is because I enjoy doing it. If that’s the issue, that shouldn’t be an issue.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/texans/article/Eric-Bieniemy-s-time-to-be-a-head-coach-is-15816818.php

On 12/18/2020 at 10:07 AM, NYRaider said:

I wanna make an appreciation post to all the boys on this board, @big_palooka, @BayRaider, @NCOUGHMAN, @Frankie2GunzΒ @RaidersAreOne, @agarcia34, @ronjon1990, @drfrey13, @SilverNBlackFan, @CaliforniaKid7, @jimkelly02, @Humble_Beast, @MrOaktown_56Β and anyone else I forgot.Β 

It has been a nice ride and I've enjoyed talking football with you boys over the years. But I've honestly just lost all of my interest in football and this team/organization. I might come back at some point next season and I'll still be around in the basketball section, but I'm done posting about this pathetic squad, it's quite literally becoming a waste of time when we already know the result will be the same year in and year out. Wishing you boys well though, I hope each of you have a safe and memorable holiday season with your families.Β 

Happy holidays bud.Β 

Get back soon, I need someone to debate with.Β 

I'm not nearly as interested in football as I use to be. Mack trade is where I took a massive turn away. Leaving Oakland pissed me off but I'm glad the Raiders got out of Cali. Hope to be leaving soon myself. It's easy to lose the passion for the NFL these days. Just means more time for other things instead of vegging in front of the TV.Β 

• Like 1

On 12/25/2020 at 3:56 AM, G said:

I'm not nearly as interested in football as I use to be. Mack trade is where I took a massive turn away. Leaving Oakland pissed me off but I'm glad the Raiders got out of Cali. Hope to be leaving soon myself. It's easy to lose the passion for the NFL these days. Just means more time for other things instead of vegging in front of the TV.Β 

The last two losses have really sucked the wind out of my sails too, everything was looking really positive with some nice momentum thinking 'this time the rebuild is for good, we're back' then realising 'nope, same old Raiders, can't get out of their own way'.Β 

What I think is doubly frustrating is all the resources we've had to work with and when you see teams like Miami doing so well so quickly and we've had 3 years, 3 drafts, 3 free agencies, spent 140 million dollars and have likely taken a 6-10 team with a franchise player on each side of the ball and gotten an 8-8 team with a franchise player on one side of the ball. Gruden is the same old Gruden looks like, only Mayock can save us now 😁😁😁

Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 1

On 12/21/2020 at 9:52 AM, oakdb36 said:

I know most of the time KCs offense is a dumpster fire and then Mahomes goes crazy and throws 4 touchdowns at the end of the game.