WK 1 : Let it die

Nabbs4u

From what I saw (highlights... I got to watch the Cleveland Trash get bent over and GB beat the Viks.) our O-line is a serious issue. Wentz got sacked 8 times?

We still have the talent to come out swinging BUT a football team made adjustments.

It sounds like we were Ray Jackson from Blood sport:

tenor.gif?itemid=5654341

They were Bolo:

QyCyWI.gif

I'm also reading our coach got out-coached in the 2nd half as well. 

Was the catching from the WR core better? Did we try to run the ball? 

Go Birds

MC

5 hours ago, eagles18 said:

for the first time.... i'm actually wondering if Wentz really is the guy. 

Idk if I'd go this far, but this is the first time I've ever come close to this thought. I give him a little leeway bc of the offensive line. But make no mistake, Carson Wentz lost that game yesterday. Nobody else carries more blame than him.

Carson definitely deserves a lot of blame. I'm sure he knows he has to be better. 

But, moving on.... a lot of the blame needs to be solely on Doug Pederson's shoulders. The offense was so predictable. Our screen game still sucks. I was yelling at my screen when they kept throwing to Greg Ward in the flat like why did you draft a dynamic playmaker like Jalen Reagor? 

I see teams like the Rams on SNF work the screen game to perfection. I'm just tired of how we haven't improved there in years. It shouldn't be THAT hard.

The fact we kept having Carson under center and doing deep drop backs instead of utilizing the quick game like we did down the stretch last year to get in the playoffs was infuriating.

The rookie receivers didn't run the best routes or come back to the ball on INTs, the offensive line had so many miscues (understandable... but still), the RBs couldn't pick up blitzes to save their lives it seemed like, and guys dropped at least 2 or 3 passes (Ertz on 4th & 3 really hurt cause he's so consistent usually).

There is A LOT to clean up all over this team after week 1. It starts with the coaching staff and the QB, but there is plenty of blame to spread around.

Not gonna make excuses for anyone on this team.

We just need to be better and if I know anything about Pederson led teams they usually bounce back, so fingers crossed.... 

I'm definitely gonna have to rewatch (no matter how painful...) the game at some point this week to get a better look at exactly what happened.

Anyone quitting on our team, quarterback, and coach can kick rocks though.

If we are a quarter of the season in, then break the glass and smash the panic button, but not after week 1.

25 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Just realized they have to play Aaron Donald with this garbage heap of an offensive line. He might literally have 8 sacks himself in this game. Honestly if it was all 5 v Donald alone, I’d put my money on Donald. 

We can't put Herbig back out there at RG next Sunday.... not like Pyror will be much better against AD, but still... its an improvement. 

This is really a game where no Brandon Brooks stings.

I'm hoping Lane can come back, but not sure he will.

14 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'm definitely gonna have to rewatch (no matter how painful...) the game at some point this week to get a better look at exactly what happened.

Anyone quitting on our team, quarterback, and coach can kick rocks though.

If we are a quarter of the season in, then break the glass and smash the panic button, but not after week 1.

It's been over a season of the same crap from Doug and Wentz. This isn't new, it didn't just happen this week. The playcalling has been brutal for the better part of 17 weeks of game time and the issues that Wentz has are not new. They've been around for at least 2 years. 

I love Wentz and I love Doug, but at some point the continued ineptitude on offense falls on them. 

7 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

It's been over a season of the same crap from Doug and Wentz. This isn't new, it didn't just happen this week. The playcalling has been brutal for the better part of 17 weeks of game time and the issues that Wentz has are not new. They've been around for at least 2 years. 

I love Wentz and I love Doug, but at some point the continued ineptitude on offense falls on them. 

I learned and/or gained nothing of value from reading this post. Thanks.

Carson and Doug have their flaws. You don’t say? Lol