College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I legit love Booth. You can never have too many corners, albeit with our room I'm not sure that's ideal. Maybe they move Greedy to FS????

CB: Newsome

CB: Ward

Slot: Hill

FS: Greedy

SS: JJ3

Hybrid: Delpit

Booth is your backup outside guy and can come in situationally in the slot?

Someone is always hurt and Hill and Greedy are likely gone after this season.

It (always) makes sense to take a good CB if one is there.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Someone is always hurt and Hill and Greedy are likely gone after this season.

It (always) makes sense to take a good CB if one is there.

Can't go wrong with BPA at an elite position, especially depending upon the board and who is available, but I'd like to at least see them try one of those others at FS.

I'd still prefer an EDGE/WR of equal or greater value, but if there's not one there, absolutely pull the trigger on Booth.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I wouldn't hate a CB, but right now, the pick needs to be a WR, DT, or DE.  I get BPA, but I think there should be a player at one of those positions, that is = or > than a CB available!!!

I'd assume there's a sliding scale of value and grades next to each prospect and that need and value will play a simultaneous role in that decision.

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If we do want a CB, then Kaiir Elam makes a lot of sense too. He’s got the size, length, age, and athleticism that fits.

He's a guy I'd wager our FO likes. Booth I'd actually be surprised with simply because he did not test at all whatsoever, and our FO will likely not like that.

• Like 1

So im at work thinking about WRs we could take at #44 and I dove into Dotson, he is really good and I see why people like him. I got to thinking, who would I want between him, Watson and Pickens. I think I still want Watson, His size/speed/athleticism in this conference is a deal breaker for me, we need as many guys who can take the top off of the defense as we can, plus this helps out our running game when teams have to dedicate two safeties in fear of our deep passing game. 

I would be happy with all three, but I think Watson is the likeliest to become a #1 once we are done with Cooper after 2 years as well

Edited by MSURacerDT55

I’d be cool with a CB at 44 because it’s committing to a philosophy as an organization.

We have committed a TON of assets to the secondary and understand how the league is evolving.

There’s a reason why we gave the Bengals more trouble than Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I’d be cool with a CB at 44 because it’s committing to a philosophy as an organization.

We have committed a TON of assets to the secondary and understand how the league is evolving.

There’s a reason why we gave the Bengals more trouble than Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

Maybe third round. Not second. Give me d Line or a receiver. 

19 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Pains me to watch BAL getting better while we are on the sideline.

I will feel better if we get Winfrey tomorrow.

Ditto for me.  But I try to remind myself that we went from probably having a worse qb to having a better qb than them this off season.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...